The Readme File
CONSULTATIONS, HELP: adsim, Benek, dejotzbych, hunter, matek123, Ra, Sawi, surgeon, szogun, youBy,
sebastian82, EP08_015, Stele, Maciej and others
The "MaSzyna" Simulator project is entering into it's seventeenth year of existance in 2018.
In the second half of last year, we continued focusing on code refactoring, in order to improve your experience. Clearing the code helped to expand the features, like adding shadow and reflection effects, which squeeze every last drop of horepower out of the old OpenGl, which is ued by our engine, and adding the OpenAL sound library, which fueled the continued sound revolution, and caused us to become independant of DirectX, which allows us to be compiled natively under Linux, and MacOS. For a detailed look, we recommend you look in the Simulator executable – EXE changes section.
We highly recommend you to try out the newest version of The "MaSzyna" Simulator.
Warnings for users of computer games
A small fraction of people can experience epileptic attacks because of the observed visual effects, such as blinking lights or multicolour compositions durning the observation of the computer screen. Even people without such symptomps can have undiagnosed diseases that cause epileptic attacks.
Attacks can occur in a variety of different ways: vision disorders/problems, headaches, muscle and/or eye lid twitching, uncontrolled motion of leg and arm muscle.More serious problems that can occur, are: desorientation, loss of balance, headaches, unaware movements, reddening of the eyes, eye tears, tiredness of eyes. There is a risk of a fall and serious injury can occur. The biggest risks affect mainly children and teenagers, and as such, parents should observe the children whilst they play on the computer.
Recommendations: Always play in well lit room, make a 15min pause, for every 60min spent in front of the computer and rest untill the discomfort disappears, don't sit too close to the screen, don't play if you're experiencing feelings of discomfort or tiredness. If you or your family have a history of epileptic attacks, please consult a doctor before playing.
The software and hardware requirements hare been increased in comparison to the previous versions. Because of the EXE file being supplied in both 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64), caution should be exercised when picking and running the EXE file and it's dependencies on your computer.
Minimal hardware requirements:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo E4700 2.6GHz, AMD equivalent - AMD APU A4-6300 Dual-Core
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon R7 250 or nVidia - GeForce GT 740 v3 - with minimum of 2 GB VRAM GDDR5 of graphics memory
- RAM momory: 6 GB
- 13 GB of free disk space, in case of a HDD with 7200rpm
- Sound card compatible with OpenAL, and stereo sound.
- Optionally, COM ports, if making your own cab controls.
- Requirements for 32bit (x86) systems, MIGHT bea tiny bit lower.
Recommended hardware requirements:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-4130 lub AMD FX 6100
- Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 750 or AMD Radeon HD 7850 / Radeon R7 370
- RAM memory: 8 GB RAM DDR3
- 13 GB of free disk space, in case of a HDD with 7200rpm
- Sound card compatible with OpenAL, and stereo sound.
- Optionally, COM ports, if making your own cab controls.
Additionally, to the hardware requirements, you need to have the following software:
- Graphics card and driver supporting OpenGL 1.5 or higher.
- Visual C++ Redistributable 2008, 2015 and 2017 packages.
Sometimes. it might be necessary to install the basic Python 2.7.14 package, especailly on 64 bit systems.
It is recommended to have at least 4GB of RAM and a multithreaded CPU. Low amount of RAM might not support bigger sceneries without decreasing the texture size (maxtexturesize in the eu07.ini file), and no free thread on the CPU might result in drastically decreased performance in the vehicles with an onboard computer.
Future versions of MaSzyna will introduce a new renderer, requiring a graphics card supporting at least OpenGL 3+. The current renderer will be available to users with older hardware, but if you ware thinking of buying a new computer, this would be a good time, as to enjoy the full effects of the future graphical effects.
In order to begin our adventure in the Simulator, we need to know whenever our system is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64). In the Simulator's main folder, you will see two archive files - "exe-x86.zip" and "exe-x64.zip". We need to extract the archive that has the same type as the Operating System.
To run the simulator, you might need the Microsoft C++ Runtime Library 2008, 2015 and 2017. Best to install both versions - for 32 bit and 64bit systems.
To launch MaSzyna, use Rainsted launcher, created by Ra. It functions as starter and a train consist editor (but also a realistic scenery editor, more on it further down and more information is on rainsted.com [POLISH ONLY] Enter the main MaSzyna folder. Launch Rainsted.exe (icon like in screen 1 below).
You should see the following window (screen 2):
Durning first run, Rainsted launcher processes and generates certain configuration files. It can take upto around a minute. It is a one-time process - every other launch of Rainsted will launch much quicker.
Rainsted was succesfully started when the following window appears (screen 3):
The titlebar says: "Wybierz scenerię :: MaSzyna EU07-424 :: Rainsted 18.104.22.16840". The "22.214.171.12440", is not Simulator version number, but the version of the Rainsted Launcher and changes when Rainsted is updated.
Go to Settings (or Ustawienia if the Launcher started in the Polish language) and in the Select language (or Wybór Języka) and choose your preferred language.
From here on, we assume that the language was set to English.
Settings tab (screen 4) allows for configuring such parameters, like screen resolution.
The important setting in the Settings tab, is the User mode. It can be changed, depending on the knowledge of the user. This setting affects Rainsted ONLY and has no effect on the simulation whatsoever. Let's look at options from the "Settings in EU07.INI" pane. These DO affect the simulation.
- Fullscreen mode - Before checking this, it is recommended to choose a resolution from the list on the left, which is compatible with the display.
- Fix for monitor refresh frequency - Check this, if the screen flickers.
- Multisampling - This allows for smoothing of jagged edges, so: better quality, worse FPS. Can be regulated, from 1(off) to 16.
- Debugmode - More about it here.
- Writing "log.txt" - Very important option. When checked, everytime the simulator runs, it generates a file in the main directory called "log.txt". It contains information, is are extremely important when solving problems that occur durning scenario loading. If you do not have problems with the Simulator, uncheck this option, the CPU will be less loaded, and you might gain few FPS.
- Writing vehicle parameters - It generates a "[vehicle name].dat" file for every vehicle, in the "physicslog" folder. On weaker computers, might cause the FPS to drop. We suggest you use this option only when planning on using the "HTV" software (more in the FAQ).
The remaining options should be left as they ware.
In the Choose scenery tab, is a list of all the available scenarios. As you can see, we have tens of different scenarios. In the beginning we will choose the simplest route to become aquainted with the Simulator. Choose the TD scenario, in the Select trainset to drive pane, click on EP07-424+BD+BDHPUMN+BDHPUMN and press Run Simulator.
After choosing any scenarios and the trainsets, familiarise yourelf with the information in the middle field of the Select scenery
and the right field from the Select
(for example scenario calkowo_orlen.scn; screen 5), and also with any possible descriptions, available after pressing the buttons (in the middle field of the Select scenery
pane, or in the "inne/[scenario name]" (not all routes have it [for example TD
doesn't have one]).
A window will appear (screen 6):
Familiarise yourself with the starting information (It's shown only for a couple of the most used vehicles; full description of keys and controlling the trains will be further down in this read me file). Next, press Run simulator.
Time for the most important stage
After a moment (no more than a minute) the startup window should appear (screen 7).
It may vary from the one on the screen, since the Launcher chooses one at random before displaying it. In certain
cases the "Uruchamianie / Initializing" text may not be visible, however, it does not influence the simulation in any way and should be
After few seconds, the logo may (but doesn't have to) turn into a white background, or fade slightly (Windows Vista and 7).
In this moment most user panic, thinking the Simulator froze. That is not the case. It is still loading all the necessary files
(eventhough, the Task Manager [and the Simulator's Titlebar, screen 8 and 9]may show it to be "Not responding").
To find out about that, all you have to do is press Alt + Tab. Then we will see the "Terminal" (on Windows Vista and 7, switching to the terminal durning loading only works if the Fullscreen mode is unchecked; and then, once the simulator has loaded, the Alt + Tab combination works normally, even in fullscreen mode). We will be able to watch the simulator loading process. Sometimes, it can stop for a while on the stage shown on the screen 10 (Sound Init… OK) , however, it won't stay there forever :)
You just need to wait untill it finishes loading.
The scenario has loaded when the following is displayed in the terminal:
Player train init OK
We should be automatically moved to the cab. If not, we switch into the window with the simulation, by using Alt + Tab.
After the cab has loaded, we begin the simulation in the standing position, as if we just entered the cab through the doors. To sit down at the controls, press the Right Mouse Button.
If durning loading ( or after, durning the simulation) a notification is displayed, that the program has carried out a incorrect operation, that it has stopped responding / froze or that there was a fault with the application, it means that, most probably you have very old drivers for your graphics card (In these cases, it is very common that in the first few lines of log.txt the following test is displayed: "OpenGL Version: 1.1.0"). In that case, in order to run the Simulator, download (for example from the graphic card's manufacturer's website) and install newer drivers (in some cases it may be necessary to uninstall previously installed (the older) drivers ; in some cases,"DriverCleaner" app may be of use ).
To uninstall, please delete the main Simulator folder, along with all of it's contents from the computer's drives. Sometimes, you might also need to delete it from the Bin folder. Please use the Empty Bin function.
Go to the site containing Keyboard Contols
The keys and their functions have been altered due to the modernisiations of the EXE. We reqest that you familiarise yourself thoroughly with the description available below.
The start-up procedure is the same, but only the keys have been altered.
Go to the site containing the driving and start up procedures.
In order to move to the other cab, press either:
- End - move towards cab B (cab A, is normally the one in which the simulation began in).
- Home - move towards cab A (in case of being in cab B).
Attention: In between the cabs, is the Engine Room (in some locos, it looks like a green room). If you are in the Engine Room, then press either Home or End (depending on the direction in which you plan on going) for a second time. When changing cabs in Electric Multiple Units (EMUs) and locos that have more than one unit, you will need to press End or Home a couple of times (for example, in EN57 we press End twice, to move from Ra(Driving Trailer A) unit, to unit S (Motor Coach), and then End three times, in order to move to Rb(Driving Trailer B) unit, and then finally press End twice, to enter the cab). Changing cabs means that the Sim need to load it's model, that's why after pressing Home or End it is necessary to wait (for it to load).
If we are driving a vehicle in Multiple Working, or it is a double-unit loco, or a EMU, it is important to check if both the Independant and the Loco brake is in the Running position ("brake off"). We also should set the Train Brake to Cut-off position(Ctrl + Num 5).
COUPLING UP A LOCO TO THE CARRIAGES
- Drive up to the train (don't leave the cab), when you feel that you buffered up (Drove up to the buffers, and slightly hit them), move the throttle up 2-3 positions, and brake using the Independant Brake (reminder: Num 1).
WARNING!: If, when buffering up, the carriages "run away", then leave the cab, F4 fly up to two, three carriages and brake them using the Handbrakes, holding Ctrl + Num 1. When you are done with the whole coupling-up precedure, fly up to those same carriages, and hold Ctrl + Num 7 in order to release the handbrakes.
- Exit the cab - F4.
- Get as close to the coupler as possible - imagine you are coupling them up yourself. It's not enough to come close vertically, you also need to move horizontally. In majority of cases, you should also lower you self a little bit by using PageDown.
- Press Insert twice - you will hear the characteristic air leak sound and a model of a coupled-up screw-link coupler will be shown, along with the "red hose".
If you, additionally, want to connect the Main Reservoir Pipe ("Yellow hose") then press Insert once more.
WARNING: Sometimes, the coupler and the hoses won't move, it doesn't mean that the loco has not connected up to the carriages.
- Go back to the cab - F4.
- Unbrake the loco - Num 7 and go to the other cab.
UNCOUPLING A LOCO FROM THE CARRIAGES
- Brake the whole train, pressing the Num 3 for around one second, from the Running position.
- Unbrake the loco only - Num 6.
- Move the Reverser backwards by 2 positions (2 x r) and select the 2nd or 3rd position on the Power Controller, to buffer up to the carriages, and brake using Independant brake (rem.: Num 1).
- Exit the cab - F4.
- Get as close to the coupling as possible - imagine you are uncoupling them yourself. It's not enough to come close vertically, you also need to move horizontally. In majority of cases, you should also lower you self a little bit by using PageDown.
- Press Delete once - you will hear the characteristic air leak sound.
- Go back to the cab - F4.
- Unbrake the loco - Num 7.
COUPLING UP TO A TRAIN THAT ALREADY HAS A LOCO
To couple up to a train on the same track, drive up to it gently. After you buffer up, brake using the Independant brake. In order to prevent a runaway train, it is vital that you perform a Full Service brake application or at least a Service brake application (Num 8).
WARNING: If your train is to be coupled up to a train driven by AI, (ie. you drive a Banking Engine or the AI hauls your train ), then it is absolutely necessary to set the Train Brake to the Cut-Off position (Ctrl + Num 5)!
If the user is to drive the train, then the Train Brake valve must stay in the braking positions, and the Reverser must be in either the forward or backward position. This deactivates the AI !!.
After the above has been completed, one can now start to couple the couplers with Insert. The moment the coupler is connected (after the first Insert key press ) AI "being" in the set is either deactivated (Train brake in the braking positions) or it's activated (Train brake in the Cut-Off position). If you make a mistake (choose wrong action), then decouple, set the Train brake in the correct position, and try to couple up again.
Go to site containing two methods of changing trains in the scenarios.
Please pay attention to how to place EMUs in the scenarios (including, amongst others; the EN57). Not paying special attention with the information below is the leading cause of having trouble with starting up the EMUs.
With the help of Rainsted.exe Launcher, which allows us to change the sky, along with setting the specially tailored atmo and light parameters. In order to do this , after starting the Launcher, we will need to:
- Set the Usermode to Normal or higher (Settings tab),
- Go to Choose scenery tab and make sure that Save to temporary file (in right lower corner) is checked, if not, then check/tick it,
- Choose scenario
- Go to Settings tab,
- Choose the setting we like from the list on the left Weather for temporary scenery file,
- Choose the In temporary scenery: option to always change.
- Since introducing the dynamic lighting, changing the weather from the starter ceased to work. It can still change the texture of the skybox, color and the range of the fog, however, it does not affect the light.
The following entry in the scenery, movelight, allows to set the day of the year, for which the calculation are done. The overcast entry (last digit of the atmo entry) describes how much sun is reaching the scene, meaning intensity and hue of the sun light.
- In this pack, on all the scenarios, the lamps turn on and off automatically after they exceed the threshold values of athmospheric light. There is no longer any need to change any files.
Current version of MaSzyna is based on previous versions (18.01, 17.07, 16.08, 15.04, 08.13, 01.13, PC2011, 2010, 2009). This version has largely focused on fixes and missing files, as well as any addons published since the publication of Patch 16.08
Teams that have prepared these packs:
- Dolmio89 - Team co-ordinator
- adsim - Team co-ordinator
- Sawi - Team co-ordinator
- Sawi - Team co-ordinator
- Sawi - Team co-ordinator
- Stele - Team Co-ordinator
Many other users have also contributed, but we have no way of listing every single one ot them. We thank everybody that helped with creating the current version.
Main functions added, in comparison to exe file from 18.01 pack
- Definition of sets of textures, depending on weather conditions is now possible.
- Changing the amount of passengers on stations and halts, along with sound, and vanishing of figures.
- Vibration of vehicle due to the diesel engine, and bogie hunting.
- Possibility of setting the vehicles in the sceneries as having noticeable bogie hunting, and flats.
- Extended methods of door operations.
- Positioning of external vehicle sounds.
The points above represent only a small fraction of changes, since these are the biggest and most visible to the users. Precise Changelog is in the following forum thread about changes in the EXE [POLISH ONLY!] , the list is still updated as the exe functions are expanded.
- Starting to replace old models from 1xxxA and coal wagons for new models
- Interior for subtype II & III of the EN57
- Few more subtypes of the 11xA type passenger carriages
- Many different rail profiles ware added, including tramway ones
- Bogie carrier wagon, type 426Z, with the Y25 or the 1XTa bogies as the load
- Coal wagon, type 409W.
- EU07 with new Harting multiple working connectors
- Passenger carriage, type 140A.
- New wagon, loco and carraige textures
- Few hundred fixes to vehicles, models, and adaptations for new EXE functions.
Additionally, this version contains many new textures of vehicles - carriages and locos - which ware created since the last version was published. Also, many smaller and bigger fixes in models, scenarios and sceneries(maps) are included.
When the cab has loaded, we begin the simulation in the standing position, as if we just entered the cab through the doors. To sit down in front of the controls, press right mouse button - RMB.
Additionally, the camera position in it's primary position (after clicking RMB) is set up using the anthropometric data, meaning, the camera is at the eye level of a statisical siting male - which is significantly higher than before. All the vehicles have been checked and corrected in this regard.
In order to understand why the packs don't contain all the add-ons published from the start of the existance of the Simulator, you need to know that for a couple of years, when it comes to add-on creation, there was simply only chaos. Add-ons often ware not tested before being published (there ware no standards, norms etc), which ment that they had errors, ware incomplete and often, ware incompatible with each other (often adding one scenery, broke all the remaining sceneries). Additionally, addons ware often hosted on external servers, which removed them after some time, which caused the forum to be full of dead links, instead of addons. Only at the end of 2008, thanks to Ra, it was possible to clean up the mess, through gathering everything in "Katalog dodatków" / Addon Catalogue , on the eu07.pl server. But to simply have all the addons in one place wasn't enough. The addon publication process was reorganised (from the end of 2008, every single addon, prior to publication, must be subject to mandatory tests). However, the incomplatability problem remained, since there was a lack of official and up-to-date package, which could create some sort of an reference point for the testers and creators (last, unofficial package was published half-way through 2006, however the last official, in 2004). That is why, at the beginning of 2009, a group was created, who spend a couple of months choosing, from previously published addons, the addons that ware worthy and didn't have too many mistakes, and then worked on the inter-compatability of these addons, by removing significant mistakes, filling in the missing files, etc. That is how Paczka Całościowa 2009, 2010, 2011 along with the Service Packs, MaSzyna 01.13, MaSzyna 08.13 and MaSzyna 15.04 ware created.
The newest Package is a continuation of that work, and just like the previous Packs, does not contain any low quality addons, or ones in Beta testing.
From the beginning of 2018, the publication method of the Pack was changed to a rolling release model, which means that newer versions, will not have release numbers.
In order to see the full list of changes in the EXE, read the following forum thread (Please use Google Translate or similar, due to forum posts being in Polish!) Aktualizacja EXE C++
We are hobbists, who have to divide our time between families, jobs, learning and only in our spare time we can create things for the Simulator. That is why, when
asked "When is the new loco/route/pack comming out?" we can not give a 100% accurate (or binding) answer. We are not a group closed to new people and their ideas. If you
want to conribute, we will welcome you :) You can, for example, help the add-on creators by photographing the infrastructure, buildings etc. in order to make the
routes in MaSzyna more realistic. More info here: [POLISH ONLY] http://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,17369.0.html.
If you are good at programming, modelling, sound editing, you have a good camera or simply have loads of spare time, then
we would be happy to work with you on improving the Simulator.
See the page containing the Licence
In order to get to the answer, please press on the question.
- After I start a scenario, loading screen turns white, the Titlebar and the Task Manager both say "Application Not
Responding". What do I do?
- How to move the loco?
- When I drive the train, a red flashing light lights up, a buzzer goes off, the train grinds to a halt, and I can't release the brakes. How do I fix this? What am I doing wrong?
- Are there any other cameras/views available?
- How do I couple and uncouple a loco to the carriages?
- How do I turn on the train radio?
- How to increase the window size, because the current 800x600 is too small for my screen?
- How do I switch the points? I heard that Shift + t/t works, but it doesn't!
- How to turn on the batteries?
- How do I change the train that I drive in this scenario?
- How do I turn the day into the night?
- How do I turn on the light beams, so that they would light the track?
- How do I turn on the gauge lights?
- Opening doors and windows in the cab?
- When trying to open the door/window in the cab, the loco makes quick, weird movements. How do I fix it?
- The CA (DSD) isn't working, and not canceling SHP (AWS) doesn't turn on the emergency brake. On top of the screen, I have some weird, red letters. What's happening?
- Some time after turning on the Sim, the y and / keys stop working. Help?
- The Sim freezes and I have low FPS. What do I do?
- How does one read the Hasler (speedometer) tape, from their drive in the MaSzyna?
- How to install new addons?
- I added a new vehicle, but I can't see it in the Rainsted, or on any of the routes.
- My laptop doesn't have a numeric keypad, so how do I drive a loco/unit?
- Does MaSzyna work on Linux, Mac OS etc?
- Are crashes and spectacular derailments possible in the Sim?
- I turned the autopilot on. but it doesn't work.
- Can you manually change the signal aspects?
- How do I take a screenshot?
- I saw a film on YouTube with xxx (loco/carriage/route/new exe) in MaSzyna. I can't find it in Downloads or Publikacje/Publications sections. Where can I download it from?
- I noticed the Multiplayer button in Rainsted. How can I turn it on?
- The cars / carriages keep braking!! I keep holding the Brake Release button, but it doesn't work.
- The brake handle, in the EN57 and other EMUs, automatically returns to the Driving position, after releasing the Num . (or Num 9) key
- After entering the cab, I am far from the console / controls. How do I fix it?
- I press the m, but the Master Circuit Breaker doesn't set/enable.
- I press the c, but the Compressor doesn't turn on.
- I want to exit the Simulator, but using F10 and then y doens't work.
- Can you save the simulation, before exiting the Sim?
- How do I stop the Simulation? I pressed Esc, but it does nothing.
- When will a new version, new addons come out?
- When I turn on the compressor, everything turns off, and nothing happens. How do I fix that?
- I can't "fill" the Main Pipe after braking / CA/SHP turning on.
- A while after releasing the brakes, some pressure goes into the loco brake cylinders.
- When in motion, the loco suddenly turned off / "extinguishes".
- When starting off, the voltage suddenly drops to 0V.
- Small mouse movement causes rapid camera motion.
- The camera is spinning around it's own axis.
- Translator's Note
You must wait patiently, since it doesn't necessarly mean that the Simulator is frozen. It just means that the scenery is being loaded, which may take long time, upto few minutes.
It's either the Czuwak Aktywny (CA) or SHP. The British equivalent of the "CA", is the Deadman's Switch or Driver Safety Device (DSD), and the English AWS would be similar in working to the Polish SHP. The first (CA), tests the driver's vigilance whilst driving every so often. The second (SHP), does the same as CA, however, in front of 'dangerous' places (signals etc). If you do not react to the visual and then audioble warnings, the emergency brake is activated. Each cab should have CA/SHP indicator lights, which in the required moments light up contionusly and then flash, usually red in color. Right thing to do, is to press the CA/SHP reset button. In MaSzyna, we use Spacebar for it. If you, however, don't, then you need to wait for the train to stop completly, press the CA/SHP reset button (Spacebar), and then unbrake the train.
You can exit the cab (by pressing F4
) and then you can "walk" over the whole scenery by using the Arrows. If you want to move faster, you can hold Ctrl
while operating the arrow, if slower; hold Shift
. You can also combine both the keys (Ctrl + Shift) to move really quickly. To move up or down, use the Page Up
(go up) or Page Down
(go down) keys.
In the Free Fly Mode (F4
button), it is possible to define up to 10 custom camera positions and to switch between them. It is done by using the top row number keys (NOT the keypad keys). More Information: MaSzyna Readme file, "Keyboard Controls" section.
The train radio is available in some scenarios. In most cases, it operates automatically, otherwise, the key combo is given in the scenario description. The only function of the radio currently implemented is the resetting of the "Radiostop" (Emergency call automatically forcing the emergency brakes on all trains, sent through the radio.), which is described in the "Key functions" page.
In the Rainsted.exe, go into the Settings tab, and from the list on the lower left, choose your desirable resolution. You can also tick
the "Full screen mode".
There is no need for manual point switching, everything is done automatically, with the help of 'events' created by the scenario's author. The only scenery where manual points switching is required (and possible), is 'Manewrowo3'. In order to switch the points, we move over the point's lever (similarly like when coupling and uncoupling locos, we literaly have to 'enter' the lever) and press Shift + t (for going to the side) or t (for going straight). We should see the handle move, along with the point blades.
Turning on the batteries is simulated in a simplified method than in reality. To turn on the batteries, press the J key, which causes the CA/SHP system to activate, and has to be reset using the CA/SHP reset button - SPACE. ATTENTION! You need to select a direction on the reverser (use either the D or the R keys) in order to reset the CA/SHP.
Changing of weather from the starter doesn't work anymore. You'll need to change the time of the scenery to a night time, using the scenario.time.offset entry, in the config section of the .scn file
The light beams are only visible when the headlamps are turned on and during the night time.
Not all locomotives and EMUs have gauge lights. Please familiarise yourself with the list of the vehicles
that have special functions, like gauge lights, or windows that can be opened. Link
In the Rainsted.exe launcher program, in the "Settings" tab, unselect "Debugmode".
In the Rainsted.exe app, in the "Settings" tab, uncheck "Debugmode"
Press Ctrl + Shift.
In order to prevent such problems in the future, you can disable the keyboard shortcuts that change the keyboard layouts in your Operating System
In the Rainsted.exe
launcher, go to Settings tab and Uncheck
the following options:
- zapisywanie przebiegu symulacji w log.txt, [Save the simulation log in log.txt]
- zapisywanie parametrów fizycznych pojazdów, [Save physical parameters of the vehicles]
- poszukiwanie sieci trakcyjnej (włĄczona opcja może powodować spory spadek FPS na stacjach z rozbudowanĄ sieciĄ trakcyjnĄ).[Search for overhead catenary (Turned on might cause FPS to drop on stations with extensive catenary network)]
Have a look in the EU07.ini file, located in the main MaSzyna folder. You will find there many options, not supported by the Rainsted starter.
Also, in the graphics driver, turn off the vertical synchronisation, anisotropic filtering and all the AA. You could also set the graphics mode to performance. You might also want to experiment with different grpahics drivers. In the case of fairly newer cards, it is recommended to use the newest drivers. However if you have an older card, then older drivers might be a better option. If you have an old comupter, then try to turn off all the software running in the background, like any IM, browsers, anti-virus software, music players, etc), since they will only unnecessarly lower the performance of the PC. Sadly, those changes will not cause a miracle rise in FPS, especially if you have an integrated GPU.
In the Rainsted.exe launcher, go into the Settings tab, and Enable the Writing vehicle parameters or Log vehicle movement option. For every vehicle in teh scenario, a [vehicle name].dat files will be generated, in the physicslog folder. in order to open such file, use the htv.exe, which is located in the programy_na_potrzeby_symulatora folder, and in the odczyt_tasm_z_predkosciomierza subfolder.
Detailed and up-to-date addon installation method is on the downloads page www.eu07.pl/pobierz
Surely you have the Fn key. Use the Fn + desired key combo. It is possible to remap the keys, by editing the eu07_input-keyboard.ini file - if using Fn key is too troublesome - you could buy an external USB keyboard with numeric keypad for your laptop.
Yes, by using an Windows emulator, like Wine. For a while now, there is also a Linux native binary file. Instructions on the last pages of the following forum thread (Polish)
. Future releases will make running and installing MaSzyna easier on non-Windows systems.
Autopilot means the computer takes over the driving of the train. Saddly, not all sceneries are fully compatible with Autopilot driven trains, meaning it won't be able to drive everywhere correctly.
No, the signals are pre-set for each scenario.
Press Print Screen. It will be saved in the "screenshots" folder, or any other, if specified in the .INI
Current addons are presented on the www.eu07.pl/pobierz
website. Only there are all addons pre-tested and guaranteed to work correctly.
This option only allows for the interaction between the driver and the instructor/signalman. It's usage requires the sceneries to be reformatted and moddified to work. More info on the forum: [POLISH ONLY] Click Here
If you hold the brake handle for too long in the Quick Release position, it might happen that, the train will not release the brakes when you put the handle in the Running position. It is so called 'Brake Overcharge'. You need to apply Full Service braking, pressing Num 5, exit the cab, fly over the whole train, and press Num 6(Brake Release) over every carriage/car. For future reference, do not hold the Brake handle in the Quick Release position for longer than couple of seconds. If your train has the following carriage types; Bdhpumn, WLABd & Z1 , then avoid using Quick Release if possible. Passenger trains generally don't need you to use it.
In case of long freight trains you can (and sometimes have to) use it "'till it stops" (untill the pressure stabilises itself at 5,4 bar), however the moment that happens you need to put it in the Running position.
It is the correct behaviour, it happens like that in reality.
The cabs have pre-defined starting positions. After the cab has loaded, we will begin in the standing position, as if we just entered through the cab door. In order to sit down at the controls, press the Right Mouse Button RMB.
I press the m key, but the Master Circuit Breaker doesn't close.
According to the reality, the button (M) needs to be pressed for few seconds, for the MCB to close.
Most probably, the keyboard layout got changed in your operating system. Press Ctrl + Shift.
In order to prevent such occurances again, you can disable, in your operating system, language change keyboard shortcuts.
No, you can't.
We're just hobbist, who have to share their time between family, work, learning, and in their limited free time create something for the Simulator. That's why we can't give you a 100% correct and/or binding answer to the "When will a new loco/route/pack be released" question. We are not a closed group, we will welcome any new people and their ideas. We will welcome you if you want to help us in developing MaSzyna :) You can, for example, help the model creators by photographing infrastructure, buildings, etc. All to help the routes in MaSzyna to become more realistic. More details here (In Polish; use Google's Translate): http://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,17369.0.html.
Besides that, we're carrying out work in order to improve the physics in the Simulator. If you have any useful information, diagrams, which could help the improvement, you could write it in the forum, in the correct department.
If you know how to program, and you know how to use languages like: Python, C++, SCons, OpenAL, OpenSceneGraph then we would welcome you to help us with creation of the Symulator Pojazdów Trakcyjnych (SPT)(Railway Vehicle Simulator). It will be a new version of MaSzyna, based on the OSG engine. It offers more capabilities (especially when it comes to improving the efficiency of the engine, compared to the current MaSzyna engine).
It means that you turned the compressor on too quickly after turning on the transformer, and the Transformer MCB switched off. To turn it back on ('unlock it'), turn the transformer off, and press Ctrl + n.
I can't pressurise the Main Pipe after braking / CA/SHP turning on.
In many locos, durning Emergency Brake application, the driver's valve(/handle) becomes cut-off using compressed air. In order to release the brakes, set the driver's valve into the correct position and press and hold the Brake Release Button(Num 6 key) until, the pressure in the Main Pipe rises to 4 bar.
Because of the way the train brake is build, sometimes after the brake is released, there may be little pressure left. In this case, use the Brake Release (Num 6 key).
Improved pantograph to catenary simulation algorithm cased, all the faults with the catenary placement, may cause the Fast Switch to disconnect, since the pantograph looses contact with the catenary. In cases of extreme catenary mis-alignment, the pantograph may break. If the WN (High Voltage) Voltmeter show the voltage to be present, you can simply carry out the loco starting procedure again.
On some scenries (example Quark, Krzyżowa) catenary was divided into sections and connected to power. In case of hard start of couple of vehicles at the same time, it is possible to overcharge the section or even the whole substation. Current will be then temporarily disconnected and then subsequently reconnected. After a third (3) overcharge, the current supply will be disconnected for about one (1) minute.
If, after starting the Simulator, you can't look around the cab while using the mouse or the trackpad and the movement is a jerky (large step, rotating by a large amount), then change the text size in Windows. In Windows 10 they can be reached by right clicking on the desktop, and choosing "Display Settings". Look for somthing like "Change the text, application, window size" [UI Scaling] and set it to 100%. On older Windows systems, use "Smallest" instead of 100%
If you have more than one monitor, make sure to change the said setting for the monitor you will use to operate MaSzyna on.
In the case of the movement not being a step movement, but simply too fast or too slow, you can change the mouse sensitivity settings in Windows or the "mousescale" in the eu07.ini file. For example, "mousescale 0.3 0.3", in which the values are horizontal and vertical axis respectively. Negative value causes the axis to invert.
The fault lies in the connected game controller; a game pad or a joystick. One of the analogues is responsible for the camera motion. If it's not resting on the centre, it will cause such an effect. If you're not using a gamepad in MaSzyna, you can disconnect it from the computer, or, in the eu07.ini file, beside "input.gamepad", change the value from "yes" to "no".
While utmost care was take to correctly translate everything, there will always be mistakes. The Railway terminology used in this manual is a British(& Irish) English version. Furthermore, any references to the Windows operating system are translated directly from Polish, so their name in English might be different since I'm using Linux. This was done in a very limited time, so please, take that into account when you run into any mistakes. Having said that, feel free to contact me on GitHub with any mistakes you found, or any tips on how to improve this manual.
For any links marked [POLISH ONLY] try using Google Translate, it should work good enough (There will be mistakes there!!)
To have the newest versions, check out my GitHub:
English and Polish versions are simulataneously worked on, and are on "The Repo". So, by running on the latest, up-to-date MaSzyna, you have the latest manuals.
Marek "kolejarz2009" Starzec
Below is a list of official websites, managed by the "MaSzyna" Simulator Team:
firstname.lastname@example.org - address allowing to contact the presentation and promotion team, however it can also be used for most cases, especially about public presentations and getting information about the SImulator. We E-Mail back well (For Polish language E-Mail).