The Readme File
CONSULTATIONS, HELP: adsim, Benek, dejotzbych, hunter, matek123, Ra, Sawi, surgeon, szogun, youBy,
sebastian82, EP08_015, Stele and others
- I've downloaded the Simulator, now what?
- Keyboard control
- Contents of the Pack
- Package information
- What next? When is a new version / new add-ons comming out?
- The Simulator's Licence
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions. Most common problems and their solutions
The beginning of MaSzyna dates back to the year 2001. It was mainly a graphic engine test. The simulator got it's current shape in 2003. Since then, it's continously developed. Thanks to many people's work, many different railway vehicle models have been created, as well as many scenarios, textures and sounds. It has to be noted that everything here was created in spare time, as a hobby. For this reason, not everything is created in a professional manner, like in the commercial products. If you have time and want to help us, then join us!
No. You do not install MaSzyna. After downloading the MaSzyna 15.04 package, it needs to be extracted to a new folder. Do not extract the package to an existing folder with MaSzyna, since 15.04 is NOT a mod or an update for any existing packages like PC 08.13 or any other older versions of MaSzyna. To extract, we recommend the free software "7-Zip" version 9.20 (to download from http://7-zip.org), since using WinRAR might cause problems.
To launch MaSzyna, use Rainsted launcher, created by Ra. It functions as starter and a train consist editor (but also a realistic scenery editor, more on it further down and more information is on rainsted.com [POLISH ONLY] Enter the main MaSzyna folder. Launch Rainsted.exe (icon like in screen 1 below).
You should see the following window (screen 2):
Durning first run, Rainsted launcher processes and generates certain configuration files. It can take upto around a minute. It is a one-time process - every other launch of Rainsted will launch much quicker.
Rainsted was succesfully started when the following window appears (screen 3):
The titlebar says: "Wybierz scenerię :: MaSzyna EU07-424 :: Rainsted 18.104.22.16881". The "22.214.171.12481", is not Simulator version number, but the version of the Rainsted Launcher and changes when Rainsted is updated.
Go to Settings (or Ustawienia if the Launcher started in the Polish language) and in the Select language (or Wybór Języka) and choose your preferred language.
From here on, we assume that the language was set to English.
Settings tab (screen 4) allows for configuring such parameters, like screen resolution.
The important setting in the Settings tab, is the User mode. It can be changed, depending on the knowledge of the user. This setting affects Rainsted ONLY and has no effect on the simulation whatsoever. Let's look at options from the "Settings in EU07.INI" pane. These DO affect the simulation.
- Fullscreen mode - Before checking this, it is recommended to choose a resolution from the list on the left, which is compatible with the display.
- Fix for monitor refresh frequency - Check this, if the screen flickers.
- Multisampling - This allows for smoothing of jagged edges, so: better quality, worse FPS. Can be regulated, from 1(off) to 16.
- Debugmode - More about it here.
- Writing "log.txt" - Very important option. When checked, everytime the simulator runs, it generates a file in the main directory called "log.txt". It contains information, is are extremely important when solving problems that occur durning scenario loading. If you do not have problems with the Simulator, uncheck this option, the CPU will be less loaded, and you might gain few FPS.
- Writing vehicle parameters - It generates a "[vehicle name].dat" file for every vehicle, in the "physicslog" folder. On weaker computers, might cause the FPS to drop. We suggest you use this option only when planning on using the "HTV" software (more in the FAQ).
The remaining options should be left as they ware.
In the Choose scenery tab, is a list of all the available scenarios. As you can see, we have tens of different scenarios. In the beginning we will choose the simplest route to become aquainted with the Simulator. Choose the TD scenario, in the Select trainset to drive pane, click on EP07-424+BD+BDHPUMN+BDHPUMN and press Run Simulator.
After choosing any scenarios and the trainsets, familiarise yourelf with the information in the middle field of the Select scenery and the right field from the Select trainset (for example scenario calkowo_orlen.scn; screen 5), and also with any possible descriptions, available after pressing the buttons (in the middle field of the Select scenery pane, or in the "inne/[scenario name]" (not all routes have it [for example TD doesn't have one]).
A window will appear (screen 6):
Familiarise yourself with the starting information (It is shown only for a couple of the most used vehicles; full description of keys and controlling the trains will be further down in this read me file). Next, press Run simulator.
Time for the most important stage
After a moment (no more than a minute) the startup window should appear (screen 7).
It may vary from the one on the screen, since the Launcher chooses one at random before displaying it. In certain cases the "Uruchamianie / Initializing" text may not be visible, however, it does not influence the simulation in any way and should be ignored.
After few seconds, the logo may (but doesn't have to) turn into a white background, or fade slightly (Windows Vista and 7). In this moment most user panic, thinking the Simulator froze. That is not the case. It is still loading all the necessary files (eventhough, the Task Manager [and the Simulator's Titlebar, screen 8 and 9]may show it to be "Not responding").
To find out about that, all you have to do is press Alt + Tab. Then we will see the "Terminal" (on Windows Vista and 7, switching to the terminal durning loading only works if the Fullscreen mode is unchecked; and then, once the simulator has loaded, the Alt + Tab combination works normally, even in fullscreen mode). We will be able to watch the simulator loading process. Sometimes, it can stop for a while on the stage shown on the screen 10 (Sound Init… OK) , however, it won't stay there forever :)
You just need to wait untill it finishes loading.
We should be automatically moved to the cab. If not, we switch into the window with the simulation, by using Alt + Tab.
After the cab has loaded, we begin the simulation in the standing position, as if we just entered the cab through the doors. To sit down at the controls, press the Right Mouse Button.
If durning loading ( or after, durning the simulation) a notification is displayed, that the program has carried out a incorrect operation, that it has stopped responding / froze or that there was a fault with the application, it means that, most probably you have very old drivers for your graphics card (In these cases, it is very common that in the first few lines of log.txt the following test is displayed: "OpenGL Version: 1.1.0"). In that case, in order to run the Simulator, download (for example from the graphic card's manufacturer's website) and install newer drivers (in some cases it may be necessary to uninstall previously installed (the older) drivers ; in some cases, "DriverCleaner" app may be of use ).
The keys and their functions have been slightly altered (in regards to previous Simulator versions). We reqest that you familiarise yourself thoroughly with the description available below.
The start-up procedure had been altered (in relation to previous versions of the Simulator) and we reqest that you familiarise yourself thoroughly with the description available below.
In order to move to the other cab, press either:
- End - move towards cab B (cab A, is normally the one in which the simulation began in).
- Home - move towards cab A (in case of being in cab B).
Attention: In between the cabs, there is the "Engine Room" (in some locos, it looks like a green room). If you are in the Engine Room, then press either Home or End (depending on the direction in which you plan on going) for a second time. When changing cabs in Electric Multiple Units (EMUs) and locos that have more than one unit, you will need to press End or Home a couple of times (for example, in EN57 we press End twice, to move from ra(Driving Trailer) unit, to unit s (Motor Coach), and then End three times, in order to move to rb unit, and then finally press End twice, to enter the cab). Changing cabs means that the Sim need to load it's model, that's why after pressing Home or End it is necessary to wait (for it to load).
If we are driving a vehicle in Multiple Working, or it is a double-unit loco, or a EMU, it is important to check if both the Independant and the Loco brake is in the Running position ("brake off"). We also should set the Train Brake to Cut-off position(Ctrl + Num 5).
COUPLING UP A LOCO TO THE CARRIAGES
- Drive up to the train (don't leave the cab), when you feel that you buffered up (Drove up to the buffers, and slightly hit them), move the throttle up 2-3 positions, and brake using the Independant Brake (reminder: Num 1).
WARNING!: If, when buffering up, the carriages "run away", then leave the cab, F4 fly up to two, three carriages and brake them using the Handbrakes, holding Ctrl + Num 1. When you are done with the whole coupling-up precedure, fly up to those same carriages, and hold Ctrl + Num 7 in order to release the handbrakes.
- Exit the cab - F4.
- Get as close to the coupler as possible - imagine you are coupling them up yourself. It's not enough to come close vertically, you also need to move horizontally. In majority of cases, you should also lower you self a little bit by using PageDown.
- Press Insert twice - you will hear the characteristic air leak sound and a model of a coupled-up screw-link coupler will be shown, along with the "red hose".
If you, additionally, want to connect the Main Reservoir Pipe ("Yellow hose") then press Insert once more.
WARNING: Sometimes, the coupler and the hoses won't move, it doesn't mean that the loco has not connected up to the carriages.
- Go back to the cab - F4.
- Unbrake the loco - Num 7 and go to the other cab.
UNCOUPLING A LOCO FROM THE CARRIAGES
- Brake the whole train, pressing the Num 3 for around one second, from the Running position.
- Unbrake the loco only - Num 6.
- Move the Reverser backwards by 2 positions (2 x r) and select the 2nd or 3rd position on the Power Controller, to buffer up to the carriages, and brake using Independant brake (rem.: Num 1).
- Exit the cab - F4.
- Get as close to the coupling as possible - imagine you are uncoupling them yourself. It's not enough to come close vertically, you also need to move horizontally. In majority of cases, you should also lower you self a little bit by using PageDown.
- Press Delete once - you will hear the characteristic air leak sound.
- Go back to the cab - F4.
- Unbrake the loco - Num 7.
COUPLING UP TO A TRAIN THAT ALREADY HAS A LOCO
To couple up to a train on the same track, drive up to it gently. After you buffer up, brake using the Independant brake. In order to prevent a runaway train, it is vital that you perform a Full Service brake application or at least a Service brake application (Num 8).
WARNING: If your train is to be coupled up to a train driven by AI, (ie. you drive a Banking Engine or the AI hauls our loco/train ), then it is absolutely necessary to set the Train Brake to the Cut-Off position (Ctrl + Num 5)!
If the user drives the train, then the Train Brake valve must stay in the braking positions, and the Reverser must be in either the forward or backward position. This deactivates the AI !!. After the above has been completed, one can now start to couple the couplers with Insert. The moment the coupler is connected (after the first Insert key press ) AI "being" in the set is either deactivated (Train brake in the braking positions) or it's activated (Train brake in the Cut-Off position). If you make a mistake (choose wrong action), then decouple, set the Train brake in the correct position, and try to couple up again.
Please pay attention to how to place EMUs in the scenarios (including, amongst others; the EN57). Not paying special attention with the information below is the leading cause of having trouble with starting up the EMUs.
With the help of Rainsted.exe Launcher, which allows us to change the sky, along with setting the specially tailored atmo and light parameters. In order to do this , after starting the Launcher, we will need to:
- Set the Usermode to Normal or higher (Settings tab),
- Go to Choose scenery tab and make sure that Save to temporary file (in right lower corner) is checked, if not, then check/tick it,
- Choose scenario
- Go to Settings tab,
- Choose the setting we like from the list on the left Weather for temporary scenery file,
- Choose the In temporary scenery: option to always change.
- In this pack, on all the scenarios, the lamps turn on and off automatically after they exceed the threshold values of athmospheric light. There is no longer any need to change any files.
|Bałtyk||Authors: adampkp, Slimson, Mateu. Route finish (scenarios, fixes): Krzysiek626, Mati_An.|
|Bałtyk Cargo||Scenario for Bałtyk scenery. Author: kamil1306.|
|Bałtyk CTL||Scenario for Bałtyk scenery. Author: kamil1306.|
|Bałtyk Interregio||Scenario for Bałtyk scenery. Author: szogun.|
|Bałtyk_zima||Bałtyk scenery (Winter) mod. Author: Sigman.|
|Całkowo||Authors: adampkp, Slimson. Semaphore lighting: Benek.|
|Całkowo_Orlen||Scenario for Całkowo scenery. Author: Benek.|
|Całkowo_SN61||Scenario for Całkowo scenery. Author: SKP.|
|Drawinowo 2||Author: Mati_An.|
|Elektrociepłownia_dobre||Authors: sm42driver, szogun.|
|Elektrociepłownia_dobre-zima||Authors: sm42driver, szogun, macius5991.|
|Krzyżowa 2||Author: Mati_An.|
|Linia 053||Author (Route and scenarios 1-6): Driver24.
Scenario "Linia 053 - Express and Freight mission" (l053-sluzba-brutto-posp): Mati_An.
Scenario "Linia 053 - Night Shift - 4_v2" (l053-sluzba-4-night_v2) Author: Benek.
Scenario "l053-sluzba-osobowy" (Suburban) Author: Benek.
Scenario "l053_cargo" Author: pinokio.
Scenario "l053-night-towarowy-et22" (Freight) Author: Woku.
Scenario "l053-night-towarowy-et42" (Freight) Author: Woku.
Scenario "l053-night-towarowy-eu07" (Freight) Author: Woku.
|Linia 053 + Całkowo||Authors: Driver24 & Mati_An.
Scenario "Linia 053 + Całkowo TLK" Author: Mati_An.
Scenario "Linia 053 + Całkowo TLK-1" Author: Mati_An.
|Linia 61||Authors: BohunIC, ISDR. Fixes: adsim.
Scenario author "linia61_osobowy3": dymus.
Radio for "towarowy1" scenario : pinokio.
Scenario author "linia61_tlk-1": Benek.
|Linia61 + Linia144||Scenario author: ISDR. "Ozimek - Fosowskie" section: BohunIC.
Scenario "L61 + L144_towarowy" Author: ISDR.
Author of "L61 + L144_osobowy" and "L61 + L144_pospieszny" scenarios: Benek.
Scenario "L61 + L144 Lotos" Author: Woku.
Scenario "L61 + L144 TLK" Author: Benek.
|Manewrowo 3||Author: pozdze.|
|Moczniki Cargo||Scenario for Moczniki scenery. Author: Benek.|
|Moczniki Popych||Scenario for Moczniki scenery. Author: Benek.|
|Quarkmce 2007||Authors: Quark-t (terrain and track layout), McZapkie (considerable expansion), Mati_An (scenarios), Krzysiek626 (electrification, superelevations), Ra (new traffic control, scenario remodelling).|
|Tarniowo 2||Authors: Mati_An (original), Ra (rebuild).|
|TD||Author: Marcin E2rD.|
|Teszt-25kV||TD scenery modification. Hungarian signs ware added, and the catenary is 25kV AC. Author: Ra.
WARNING! Electric locos can not be driven on this scenery since the Polish vehicles are designed for 3kV DC and not 25kV AC power supply. The only exception is E186 (also inc. 146, E583 and EU43), which can drive on this scenery, but only as AI since they do not have cabs.
|Zwierzyniec||Author: wasyl; Radio for freight and express scenarios: filip2h.|
|Zwierzyniec ED72||Scenario for Zwierzyniec scenery. Author: Woku.|
|Zwierzyniec SM42||Scenario for Zwierzyniec scenery. Author: Woku.|
|Zwierzyniec TLK||Scenario for Zwierzyniec scenery. Author: szogun.|
|Zwierzyniec Towos||Scenario for Zwierzyniec scenery. Author: Benek.|
|Zwierzyniec Transport||Scenario for Zwierzyniec scenery (swapping textures for winter ones - szogun). Author: Woku.|
Name Authors, notes 4e_v1 Exterior models: modified 303e_v1 models - szogun. Cabs: hunter (3), Profeta (2); Tens of textures - Authors: Sigman, Sakorius, adsim, Patrykos, Mati_An, EU05, szogun, Kacu, EU07-483, hanys. Multiple fixes: adsim. 181_v1 Exterior models (Skoda 181 and 182), Textures and Cab: Patrykos. Characteristics: ET22_RULZ and youBy. 303e_v1 Exterior models: Sakorius, FLOYD, adsim. Textures: Sigman, Patrykos, adsim, Mati_An, szogun, sebalorek, Kacu, WSK, Davidsonxx, Bartek46, ST44-003, hanys, maciejgrzywna. Cabs: hunter. Multiple fixes: adsim. 303eb Author: szogun (basic model mods). Cab (based on cab by hunter): szogun. Textures: szogun, hanys. 6dg_v1 szogun br285_v1 Ádám Nagy, szogun, hanys dl2_v1 Piotrek dr2_v1 Stele ed72_v1 Exterior model: szogun. Textures: szogun. Cab PEKAP, Kolejarz. Fixes: szogun. en57_v1 Authors: PEKAP, Kolejarz. Fixes: Sakorius, Oli_EU (CT), szogun. Textures: Patrykos, Kacu, sebalorek, james.szczesny, szogun. en57-2000_v1 Bombardier, szogun ep05_v2 szogun ep07_v1 Exterior model - 4e_v1. Cab (mod of the cab by hunter): szogun. Textures: adsim, WSK, szogun. ep08_v1 Exterior model - 4e_v1. Cab (mod of the cab by hunter): szogun. Textures: Sigman, szogun, ST44-003. ep09_v1 Exterior model: Profeta. Cabs: Rozi (104e_2, 104e_3); KURS90, MKaczy (104e_1) . Textures: Profeta, adsim, ST44-003, hanys, szogun. et21_v2 Exterior model: Oli_EU (CT); finishing touches and fixes: Sakorius, adsim. Cabs: PEKAP, Kolejarz. Textures: Sigman, hanys. et22-2000_v2 Exterior model (et22_v1 model modification) MKaczy, adsim. Cab (et22_v1 cab modification) MKaczy. Characteristics youBy. et22_v2 Exterior model: szogun. Cab: szogun. Mapping: Patrykos. Textures: szogun, Patrykos, adsim, hanys, PMT. et40_v1 Exterior model: ZT-POZNAN (Mega Pack). Finishing touches: EP08_015. Fixes: KURS90. Cab: KURS90. Textures: EP08_015, EU05. Characteristics: EU07-457, ET22_RULZ. et41_v1 Model: Sakorius; Finishing touches and fixes: youBy, Patrykos. Cab (mod of the cab by hunter): Patrykos. Textures: Patrykos. Sounds: et41_v2 Pictures: Hadomik, jussi19, CTL. Author: Patrykos. Fixes: szogun et42_v2 Exterior model: szogun. Cab: szogun (renewed KURS90 model). Textures: szogun, hanys. Characteristics: KURS90, ET22_RULZ. eu04_v1 EP08_015. Characteristics: ET22_RULZ. eu05_v2 szogun m62_mod_v1 Cab (moded the cab, orignally by PEKAP): Bombardier. sm03_v1 szogun (Based off 409Da_v2 Author: Root) sm31_v1 Kudłacz sm40_v1 Piotrek
The loco has a cab, but it's not possible to drive. It simply won't budge.
sm41_v1 Piotrek sm42_v1 Exterior model and cab: Sakorius. Textures: Sakorius, Sigman. Multiple fixes (models, textures): adsim. sn61_v1 OlO_EU, McZapkie, Kakish, Chester sp42_v1 Exterior model and cab: Sakorius. Textures: Sakorius, Sigman. Fixes: hunter, Rozi, adsim. st43_v1 Patrykos, Marcin_ST43 st44_v1 Exterior models (DizelPack, CCCP Pack): youBy. Cab: PEKAP, modifications Sigman. Textures: youBy, Sigman, Patrykos, Sakorius. st45_v2 Exterior model (based on model by Sakorius): szogun. Cab (based on SU45 cab by Bombardier: szogun. Texture: Patrykos. su45_v2 Exterior model: Sakorius, multiple fixes: adsim. Cab: Bombardier, adamst (modified cab originally for Trainz), szogun (adapting for MaSzyna). Textures: Sigman, dx286, szogun. su46_v2 Exterior model: Sakorius (DizelPack). Cab (mod of cab by Profeta): szogun. Textures: Sakorius, hummel, SM42drive, jaca83, Rootek. tem2_v2 Exterior model and cab: Sigman, multiple fixes - adsim. Textures: Sigman. tem2u_v2 Exterior model and cab: Sigman, multiple fixes - adsim. Textures: Sigman.
Name Authors, notes 163_v1 james.szczesny 16xa_v1 szogun, hanys, youBy, Patrykos, Sawi, Stele, Floyd, adsim, MK1991, Joachimowicz 401da_v1 EP08_015 810_v1 Texture: Lelek e186_v1 Profeta, fixes: Rozi. Textures: Profeta, hanys, szogun. el204_v1 Exterior model: Oli_EU (CT). Finishing touches: EP08_015. Characteristics: ET22_RULZ. em10_v1 EP08_015 em120_v1 KURS90 (Mega Pack) ep01_v1 Oli_EU (CT) ep03_v1 EP08_015 eu20_v1 EP08_015 ew58_v1 EP08_015 ew60_v1 EP08_015 machajka_v1 Returned from the previous Pack maxima_v1 Rozi sa102_111_v1 EP08_015 su42_v1 Exterior model: Sakorius, adsim. Textures: Sigman. t448p_v1 Model: Bombardier. Textures: Sigman. wm15_v1 bohunIC wmb10_v1 Exterior model: szogun. Textures: szogun. 1xxa_v1 Models: Kakish. Textures: EP08_015, Jaras, Speed, Mutopompka (Passenger Pack 1), Cesky Kretek (Passenger Pack 2), RooteK,FLOYD, Kacu, libertyn89, sebalorek, hanys, P208 and others. Interior textures: Kacu, szogun. 111a-noc_v1 Kacu (based on 1xxa_v1 textures and models) bdhinu_v1 EP08_015 bdhpumn_v2 Model: szogun. Textures: szogun, hanys. bdhpumn-noc_v2 Modified bdhpumn_v2. Author: janek32. bhp_v1 Exterior model: Sakorius, FLOYD, adsim. Textures: Patrykos, Sakorius. Multiple fixes: adsim. bmz_v2 Model (z1_v2): szogun. Textures: adapted from bmz_v1. z1_v2 Model: szogun. Textures: szogun, maacius, Cesky Kretek. 408w_v1 Patrykos, youBy 412w_v1 Patrykos, youBy 413s_v1 CTL 424z_v1 Patrykos 430w_v1 Patrykos eams_v1 Model: RooteK. Textures: RooteK, Patrykos, Sigman. eaos_v1 Model: Kakish, ZT-POZNAN. Textures: Kakish, ZT-POZNAN, Patrykos, Sigman, dx286. cd/es_v1 Tézsé es_v2 Model: Sigman. Textures: Sigman, RooteK. falns_v1 Model: youBy. Textures: youBy, Sigman, Dozer. fas_v2 Model: Żabek, Rootek. Textures: Sigman. flls_v1 Model: PEKAP. Textures: PEKAP, firefoxfan. gags_v2 Model: Bombardier. Textures: Sigman. Fixed, bogie: Sakorius. gbs_v1 Model: Sakorius. Textures: Sakorius, Sigman. lgs_v1 Patrykos mieszkalny_v1 Pit, McZapkie rlmmp_v1 hunter uaaikks_v1 Rozi rs_v1 Sakorius sgs_v1 Author: WSK. Fixes: szogun. Bogies: Patrykos, youBy. sieciowiec_v1 OlO_EU sis_v2 Rozi uacs_v3 Model: Rozi. Textures: Rozi, Patrykos. wozek_torowy_v1 Stele, Sawi z1b_v1 Authors: hanys, Patrykos, matek123 zaes_v1 Model: Kakish. Textures: Sigman. zaes_v2 Model: Patrykos. Fixes: szogun. Textures: Patrykos.
MaSzyna 15.04 is based on previous versions (08.13, 01.13, PC2011, 2010, 2009). This version has largely focused on fixing the layout of the catenary on the sceneries, in order to fully utilise the new feature of simulating the contact between the pantograph and the catenary, and improving the catenary power supply chain.
Teams that prepared these packs:
- PC2009, PC2010
- Dolmio89 - team co-ordinator
- adsim - team co-ordinator
- MaSzyna 01.13
- Sawi - team co-ordinator
- MaSzyna 08.13
- Sawi - team co-ordinator
- MaSzyna 15.04
- Sawi - team co-ordinator
Many other people also contributed, but we have no way of listing every single one ot them. We thank everybody that helped.
- Extended catenary power supply chain usage and simulation — currently, each individual catenary sections can be powered from two sides, voltage drops due to the loads being applied are taken into account, it's possible to overload the substations.
- The pantograph and catenary interactions.
- AI reacts to signs concerning the catenary.
- Power controler positions ware altered — added the correct operation of the single-way camshaft on the EN57 and the "group" cam shaft in ET22.
- Random event delay — it is possible to get a delayed event execution.
- LoD distance calculation— if the vertical resolution is other than 768 pixels, the LoD (MinDist and MaxDist) phase change distance will be calculated accordingly.
- Improved pantograph animations — Currently the pantograph components are measured from the model, and based on these, the animation's parameters are calculated.
- Extended start-up procedure — it is possible to start the loco up without the air, which requires the three-way valve to be switched and the use of auxilary compressor.
- Display the sound subtitles: after adding lang en into eu07.ini file, the English subtitles will be displayed, or if you add lang cz — czech, and lang hu — hungarian subtitles will be displayed instead.
- Opacity parameter interpretation change — currently for values of 100 the submodel is rendered in the opaque phase, and semi-transparents / translucents are NOT rendered.
- Improved car traffic behaviour on road intersections / junctions.
- Batteries ware implemented.
- New lamps ware added in some cabs. Kilometer(Mileage) displays ware added, and animation handling was rebuild, allowing to have gauge duplicates (Speedometers, ammeters, voltmeters, manometers and rotometers), as long as they show the same value.
- Muting of unnecessary sounds.
- "All clear for departure" signals from the guard.
- Independant point blade animation.
- The SM03 loco can now work in two gear ranges. AI can also use this function, and also drive SN61.
- Destionation display board texture and upto four textures on vehicle models. Destination display board texture is choosen based on the timetable, and can differenciate between types of vehicles (ie different textures between Motor Coaches and Trailing Coaches).
- Also, many vehicle physics fixes, especially in the brakes, ware added. Nearly all ware done by comrade youBy.
- Catenary positions ware fixed on majority of sceneries;
- New Polish description of Manewrowo 3 scenery;
- New loco and wagon textures;
- Improved EP09 characteristics;
- Timetable is shown after pressing F3;
- The BR285 loco model, with the cab;
- The ST43 loco model with the cab;
- New scenarios;
- Numerous fixes for the sceneries.
When the cab has loaded, we begin the simulation in the standing position, as if we just entered the cab through the doors. To sit down in front of the controls, press right mouse button.
In order to understand why the packs don't contain all the add-ons published from the start of the existance of the Simulator, you need to know that for a couple of years, when it comes to add-on creation, there was simply only chaos. Add-ons often ware not tested before being published (there ware no standards, norms etc), which ment that they had errors, ware incomplete and often, ware incompatible with each other (often adding one scenery, broke all the remaining sceneries). Additionally, addons ware often hosted on external servers, which removed them after some time, which caused the forum to be full of dead links, instead of addons. Only at the end of 2008, thanks to Ra, it was possible to clean up the mess, through gathering everything in "Katalog dodatków" / Addon Catalogue , on the eu07.pl server. But to simply have all the addons in one place wasn't enough. The addon publication process was reorganised (from the end of 2008, every single addon, prior to publication, must be subject to mandatory tests). However, the incomplatability problem remained, since there was a lack of official and up-to-date package, which could create some sort of an reference point for the testers and creators (last, unofficial package was published half-way through 2006, however the last official, in 2004). That is why, at the beginning of 2009, a group was created, who spend a couple of months choosing, from previously published addons, the addons that ware worthy and didn't have too many mistakes, and then worked on the inter-compatability of these addons, by removing significant mistakes, filling in the missing files, etc. That is how Paczka Całościowa 2009, 2010, 2011 along with the Service Packs, MaSzyna 01.13 and MaSzyna 08.13 ware created. Newest Package (called MaSzyna 15.04) is a continuation of that work, and just like the previous Packs, does not contain any low quality addons, or ones in Beta testing.
MaSzyna 15.04 contains "EXE 469" (eu07.exe file, the 15.3.1166.469 version, 1263 kiB in size, located in the main folder of the Simulator) created by Ra and youBy. It eliminates many mistakes, and contains some new functions. In order to see the full changelog of EXE 469 (in respect to the EXE from MaSzyna 08.13 pack), read the (Polish only) descriptions on the website dedicated to: [ALL THE FOLLOWING LINKS ARE IN POLISH ONLY]: EU07.EXE 414, EU07.EXE 424, EU07.EXE 435, EU07.EXE 441, EU07.EXE 450, EU07.EXE 457, EU07.EXE 464 and EU07.EXE 469.
We are hobbists, who have to divide our time between families, jobs, learning and only in our spare time we can create things for the Simulator. That is why, when asked "When is the new loco/route/pack comming out?" we can not give a 100% accurate (or binding) answer. We are not a group closed to new people and their ideas. If you want to conribute, we will welcome you :) You can, for example, help the add-on creators by photographing the infrastructure, buildings etc. in order to make the routes in MaSzyna more realistic. More info here: [POLISH ONLY] http://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,17369.0.html.
If you are good at programming, modelling, sound editing, you have a good camera or simply have loads of spare time, then we would be happy to work with you on improving the Simulator.
In order to get to the answer, please press on the question.
- After I start a scenario, loading screen turns white, the Titlebar and the Task Manager both say "Application Not Responding". What do I do?
- How to move the loco?
- When I drive the train, a red flashing light lights up, a buzzer goes off, the train grinds to a halt, and I can't release the brakes. How do I fix this? What am I doing wrong?
- Are there any other cameras/views available?
- How do I couple and uncouple a loco to the carriages?
- How do I turn on the train radio?
- How to increase the window size, because the current 800x600 is too small for my screen?
- How do I switch the points? I heard that Shift + t/t works, but it doesn't!
- How to turn on the batteries?
- How do I change the train that I drive in this scenario?
- How do I turn the day into the night?
- How do I turn on the light beams, so that they would light the track?
- How do I turn on the gauge lights?
- How do I turn on the fans in the cab?
- Opening doors and windows in the cab?
- When trying to open the door/window in the cab, the loco makes quick, weird movements. How do I fix it?
- The CA (DSD) isn't working, and not canceling SHP (AWS) doesn't turn on the emergency brake. On top of the screen, I have some weird, red letters. What's happening?
- Some time after turning on the Sim, the y and / keys stop working. Help?
- The Sim freezes and I have low FPS. What do I do?
- I followed the above advice, yet my FPS is really low (< 10FPS). How do I fix it?
- How does one read the Hasler (speedometer) tape, from their drive in the MaSzyna?
- How to install new addons?
- I added a new vehicle, but I can't see it in the Rainsted, or on any of the routes.
- I can't see the Traxx loco in the launcher, even though I placed it in the scenerio, as per the "How to change the consist in the scenario?" chapter of the Control section.
- My laptop doesn't have a numeric keypad, so how do I drive a loco/unit?
- Does MaSzyna work on Linux, Mac OS etc?
- Are crashes and spectacular derailments possible in the Sim?
- I turned the autopilot on. but it doesn't work.
- Can you manually change the signal aspects?
- How do I take a screenshot?
- I saw a film on YouTube with xxx (loco/carriage/route/new exe) in MaSzyna. I can't find it in Downloads or Publikacje/Publications sections. Where can I download it from?
- I noticed the Multiplayer button in Rainsted. How can I turn it on?
- The cars / carriages keep braking!! I keep holding the Brake Release button, but it doesn't work.
- The brake handle, in the EN57 and other EMUs, automatically returns to the Driving position, after releasing the Num . (or Num 9) key
- After entering the cab, I am far from the console / controls. How do I fix it?
- I press the Shift + m, but the Master Circuit Breaker doesn't set/enable.
- I press the Shift + c, but the Compressor doesn't turn on.
- I want to exit the Simulator, but using F10 and then y doens't work.
- I placed the EN57 (or any other EMU) into the scenario, but I can't get it to move.
- I have a problem with EN57 (or any other EMUs). I placed it into the scenario, but when it turns on, I am placed in the passenger vestibule, and not the cab.
- Can you save the simulation, before exiting the Sim?
- How do I stop the Simulation? I pressed Esc, but it does nothing.
- When will a new version, new addons come out?
- When I turn on the compressor, everything turns off, and nothing happens. How do I fix that?
- I can't "fill" the Main Pipe after braking / CA/SHP turning on.
- A while after releasing the brakes, some pressure goes into the loco brake cylinders.
- When in motion, the loco suddenly turned off / "extinguishes".
- When starting off, the voltage suddenly drops to 0V.
- Small mouse movement causes rapid camera motion.
- Translator's Note
In case of long freight trains you can (and sometimes have to) use it "'till it stops" (untill the pressure stabilises itself at 5,4 bar), however the moment that happens you need to put it in the Running position.
After I start a scenario, loading screen turns white, the Titlebar and the Task Manager both say "Application Not Responding". What do I do?You must wait patiently, since it doesn't necessarly mean that the Sim is frozen. It just means that the scenerys being loaded, which may take upto tens of minutes.
When I drive the train, a red flashing light lights up, a buzzer goes off, the train grinds to a halt, and I can't release the brakes. How do I fix this? What am I doing wrong?It's either the Czuwak Aktywny (CA) or SHP. The English equivalent of the "CA", is the Driver Safety Device (DSD), and the English AWS would be similar in working to the Polish SHP. The first (CA), tests the driver's vigilance whilst driving every so often. The second (SHP), does the same as CA, however, in front of 'dangerous' places (signals etc). If you do not react to the visual and then audioble warnings, the emergency brake is activated. When it lights up, you need to 'cancel' it. In MaSzyna, we use Spacebar for it. If you, however, don't, then you need to wait for the train to stop completly, 'cancel' the CA/SHP (Spacebar), and then unbrake the train.
You can exit the cab (by pressing F4) and then you can "walk" over the whole scenery by using the Arrows. If you want to move faster, you can hold Ctrl while operating the arrow, if slower; hold Shift. You can also combine both the keys (Ctrl + Shift) to move really quickly. To move up or down, use the Page Up (go up) or Page Down (go down) keys.
In the Free Fly Mode (F4 button), it is possible to define up to 10 custom camera positions and to switch between them. It is done by using the top row number keys (NOT the keypad keys). More Information: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Keyboard Controls" section.
The train radio is available in some scenarios. In most cases, it operates automatically, otherwise, the key combo is given in the scenario description.
In the Rainsted.exe, go into the Settings tab, and from the list on the lower left, choose your desirable resolution. You can also tick the "Full screen mode".
There is no need for manual point switching, everything is done automatically, with the help of 'events' created by the scenario's author. The only scenery where manual points switching is required (and possible), is 'Manewrowo3'. In order to switch the points, we move o the point's lever (similarly like when coupling and uncoupling locos, we literaly have to 'enter' the lever) and press Shift + t (for going to the side) or t (for going straight). We should see the handle move, along with the point blades.
Exe from MaSzyna 15.04 (eu07.exe of 1263 kiB in size– authored by Ra and youBy) only simulates the batteries in a simplified manner. Batteies can be turned on by pressing Shift + j, which causes the SHP (AWS) to activate. To turn it off, you need to select a direction of the reverser.
From the available weather configuration list, choose one of the following: dusk005, dusk013, dusk030, night, night001. How do you do it? See: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Control" section, "How to change weather, sky?".
You must tset the night sky in the scenerario (Look point above). After turning on the lights, the beams come on automatically. They only work inside the cab. When you exit the cab (F4), they won't be visible.
Not all locomotives and EMUs have gauge lights. Please familiarise yourself with the list of the vehicles that have special functions, like gauge lights, or windows that can be opened. Link
Similarly as above - not all vehicles have fans. See the list of vehicles with special functions.
Same as above - not every locomotive in the Simulator has windows and doors that can be opened. See the list of vehicles with special functions.
When trying to open the door/window in the cab, the loco makes quick, weird movements. How do I fix it?In the Rainsted.exe app, in the "Settings" tab, uncheck "Debugmode".
The CA (DSD) isn't working, and not canceling SHP (AWS) doesn't turn on the emergency brake. On top of the screen, I have some weird, red letters. What's happening?In the Rainsted.exe app, in the "Settings" tab, uncheck "Debugmode"
Press Ctrl + Shift.
In order to prevent such problems in the future, you can disable the keyboard shortcuts that change the keyboard layouts in your Operating System
In the Rainsted.exe launcher, go to Settings tab and Uncheck the following options:
- zapisywanie przebiegu symulacji w log.txt, [Save the simulation log in log.txt]
- zapisywanie parametrów fizycznych pojazdów, [Save physical parameters of the vehicles]
- poszukiwanie sieci trakcyjnej (włączona opcja może powodować spory spadek FPS na stacjach z rozbudowaną siecią trakcyjną).[Search for overhead catenary (Turned on might cause FPS to drop on stations with extensive catenary network)]
This situation commonly occurs on the "l053-sluzba-brutto-posp" scenario. It might help, if you use the horn (a or Shift + a keys). However, if you have a slow (or especially integrated) graphics card, don't count on high FPS.
In the Rainsted.exe launcher, go into the Settings tab, and Check the Zapisywanie parametrów fizycznych pojazdów option. For every vehicle in teh scenario, a [vehicle name].dat files will be generated, in the MaSzyna's main folder. in order to open such file, use the htv.exe, which is located in the programy_na_potrzeby_symulatora folder, and in the odczyt_tasm_z_predkosciomierza subfolder.
Important noticeIn case of files with RAR, ZIP and 7-ZIP file extensions, they are simply to be downloaded and extracted (so that the corresponding folders would match up, ie scenery from the Addon, would end up in the scenery folder on the hard drive, dynamic to dynamic ('scenery' and 'dynamic' are only examples! - not every single add-on pack has these folders), etc.; In practice, it's best to extract the addon onto the main folder with MaSzyna). On top of this, you need to follow the instructions given by the author in the information file (in every single addon pack, there should be a info.txt, readme.txt or czytajto.txt file), thus making everything work, since all addons published (after the MaSzyna 15.04 release) on the eu07.pl forum, in either the 'Publikacje' and 'Download' sections, will fully work with MaSzyna 15.04.
The description below, is only vaild for addons realeased after the 3rd of June 2013 only!! Addons released earlier (such as sceneries(routes),skies, which are not included in the MaSzyna 15.04 release, are NOT compatible with it (15.04 version and above). It is because, for a long time, there ware no standards regulating the publication of addons (For more information, see: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Remarks" section, "Why is ... not included in this pack?"). If you do choose to install an older addon, remember that you are doing it on your own, and without any guarantees that it will work correctly with MaSzyna 15.04 (and above). remeber also, that we don't provide technical support for older addons. You do have many diagnosic applications, which may show you any missing files (for example Rainsted) and File finder and Add-on catalogue / Archive, in which you MAY find those files (if they exist, that is).
Remeber also, that in MaSzyna 15.04 has a couple of new vehicle models. That's why, certain textures found in the Add-on Catalogue / Archive are not compatible with the new models (the difference in mapping)
In case of a .R_I extension, use the Rainsted launcher, which will automates the addon installation. The file (.R_I) should be dragged and dropped on top of Rainsted launcher icon. ('drag and drop' method). Then, begin the installation, by pressing the Instaluj paczke / Install the pack button on the right hand side of the window. Aftert eh install, a window will appear with the relevant infornation. Then, you need to use the Check current vehicles function, for the "(Rainsted launcher, Current Vehicles tab).
The vehicles won't just show up automatically in the existing scenarios. If you installed a new texture or a new model, you need to place manually in the scenario. How to do it? See: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Control" section, "How to change the consist in the scenario?".
I can't see the Traxx loco in the launcher, even though I placed it in the scenerio, as per the "How to change the consist in the scenario?" chapter of the Control section.That locomotive is intended to be driven by the AI, since it does not have a cab. In the Rainsted, consists that are headed by an cab-less loco, are intentionally invisible, so that the users would not try to select a loco that can't be driven. You can change into more advanced work mode (Settings tab). Then you will see Traxx in the launcher, but trying to select it will lead to a "Cab not initialised" message, since you simply can not drive any locos that do not have a cab in the Simulator.
Surely you have the Fn key. Use the Fn + desired key combo. It is not possible to do custom key mapping that is why - if using Fn key is too troublesome - you could buy an external USB keyboard with numeric keypad for your laptop.
Yes, by using an Windows emulator (like Wine or similar).
First of all, you need to remember that the AI drives thew train, based on the 'events'. Not all sceneries are suited for AI taking over, that's why the AI will not act as expected on some routes and sceneries.
No, Maszyna is a train driving simulator, not an signal box simulator.
Press Print Screen, start MS Paint, paste the picture, and save in the desired format (best is PNG or JPG/JPEG).
I saw a film on YouTube with xxx (loco/carriage/route/new exe) in MaSzyna. I can't find it in Downloads or Publikacje/Publications sections. Where can I download it from?Sometimes, movies on YouTube.com or screens on Facebook have nothing, or very little to do with real state of addon publication for the Simualator. Ignore them, since (in case of addons which are being tested and are not in the Publications/Publikacje or Download section(s) ) generally do not show the faults and mistakes. If an addon will be ready, then it will be available on the website/forum.
This option only allows for the interaction between the driver and the instructor/signalman. It's usage requires the sceneries to be reformatted and moddified to work. More info on the forum: [POLISH ONLY] Click Here
The brake handle, in the EN57 and other EMUs, automatically returns to the Driving position, after releasing the Num . (or Num 9) keyIt is the correct behaviour, it happens like that in reality.
The cabs have pre-defined starting positions. After the cab has loaded, we will begin in the standing position, as if we just entered through the cab door. In order to sit down at the controls, press the Right Mouse Button.
Hunter's fixes ware added to the EXE, which are designed to implement more realistic control of electric vehicles. These are considerable changes, and thus require changes to the key control and starting methods (for electric vehicles). Please familiarise yourself with the following:
Most probably, the keyboard layout got changed in your operating system. Press Ctrl + Shift.
In order to prevent such occurances again, you can disable, in your operating system, language change keyboard shortcuts.
Most probably, you didn't closely follow the guide to placing the trains on the scenerios using the Rainsted launcher. Look here: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Control" section, "How to change the consist in the scenario?" and notice the required manual change of the couplings and drivers in each of the EMU cars.
I have a problem with EN57 (or any other EMUs). I placed it into the scenario, but when it turns on, I am placed in the passenger vestibule, and not the cab.Most probably, you didn't closely follow the guide to placing the trains on the scenerios using the Rainsted launcher. Look here: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Control" section, "How to change the consist in the scenario?" and notice the required manual change of the couplings and drivers in each of the EMU cars.
No, you can't.
There has been some recent changes in the keyboard layout and key functions. Familiarise youself with: MaSzyna 15.04 Readme file, "Keyboard control" section.
We're just hobbist, who have to share their time between family, work, learning, and in their limited free time create something for the Simulator. That's why we can't give you a 100% correct and/or binding answer to the "When will a new loco/route/pack be released" question. We are not a closed group, we will welcome any new people and their ideas. We will welcome you if you want to help us in developing MaSzyna :) You can, for example, help the model creators by photographing infrastructure, buildings, etc. All to help the routes in MaSzyna to become more realistic. More details here (In Polish; use Google's Translate):
If you know how to program, and you know how to use languages like: Python, C++, SCons, OpenAL, OpenSceneGraph then we would welcome you to help us with creation of the Symulator Pojazdów Trakcyjnych (SPT)(Railway Vehicle Simulator). It will be a new version of MaSzyna, based on the OSG engine. It offers more capabilities (especially when it comes to improving the efficiency of the engine, compared to the current MaSzyna engine).
It means that you turned the compressor on too quickly after turning on the transformer, and the Transformer MCB switched off. To turn it back on ('unlock it'), turn the transformer off, and press Ctrl + n.
In many locos, durning Emergency Brake application, the driver's valve(/handle) becomes cut-off using compressed air. In order to release the brakes, set the driver's valve into the correct position and press and hold the Brake Release Button(Num 6 key) until, the pressure in the Main Pipe rises to 4 bar.
Because of the way the train brake is build, sometimes after the brake is released, there may be little pressure left. In this case, use the Brake Release (Num 6 key).
Improved pantograph to catenary simulation algorithm cased, all the faults with the catenary placement, may cause the Fast Switch to disconnect, since the pantograph looses contact with the catenary. In cases of extreme catenary mis-alignment, the pantograph may break. If the WN (High Voltage) Voltmeter show the voltage to be present, you can simply carry out the loco starting procedure again.
On some scenries (example Quark, Krzyżowa) catenary was divided into sections and connected to power. In case of hard start of couple of vehicles at the same time, it is possible to overcharge the section or even the whole substation. Current will be then temporarily disconnected and then subsequently reconnected. After a third (3) overcharge, the current supply will be disconnected for about one (1) minute.
If, after starting the Simulator, you can't look around the cab while using the mouse or the trackpad and the movement is a jerky (large step, rotating by a large amount), then change the text size in Windows. In Windows 10 they can be reached by right clicking on the desktop, and choosing "Display Settings". Look for somthing like "Change the text, application, window size" [UI Scaling] and set it to 100%. On older Windows systems, use "Smallest" instead of 100%
If you have more than one monitor, make sure to change the said setting for the monitor you will use to operate MaSzyna on.
In the case of the movement not being a step movement, but simply too fast or too slow, you can change the mouse sensitivity settings in Windows or the "mousescale" in the eu07.ini file. For example, "mousescale 0.3 0.3", in which the values are horizontal and vertical axis respectively. Negative value causes the axis to invert.
While utmost care was take to correctly translate everything, there will always be mistakes. Furthermore, any references to the Windows operating system are translated directly from Polish, so their name in English might be different since I'm using Linux. This was done in a very limited time, so please, take that into account when you run into any mistakes. Having said that, feel free to contact me on GitHub with any mistakes you found, or any tips on how to improve this manual.
For any links marked [POLISH ONLY] try using Google Translate, it should work good enough (There will be mistakes there!!)
Original and bleeding edge versions on GitHub:
Marek "kolejarz2009" Starzec