Autor Wątek:  A couple problems with the simulator  (Przeczytany 10041 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Quaxo76

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
A couple problems with the simulator
« dnia: 28 Kwietnia 2018, 12:54:13 »
Hello all,
I'm running the current (18.03) version, under WINE in Kubuntu Linux.
The simulator itself seems to work fine, even though I didn't test everything. But I have a couple of issues.
I usually use the scenery "l053_Calkowo-sluzba-tlk-1", and I like it a lot for its quality and mixture of slow, single-track and faster, double-track sections.
But sometimes, when I use the "timetable" view (where it prints on screen the next station and section speed in red), it stops working. For example I pass a station (without stopping) and that station name, instead of becoming green and disappearing, stays red. It's as if the simulator doesn't realize that I passed that station, and keeps waiting for it to arrive. And of course then it's useless for the rest of the simulation.

Another problem I have... sometimes, the loco stops working (i.e. the fast switch opens for too much current, or because there's an interruption in the catenary above) and I can't get it to start again. Even if I switch everything off and do the starting procedure again, when I should press M for the master switch, it doesn't work. Even the animation of the button on the cab doesn't work (i.e. when I press M, I don't see the button moving). And of course then I can't start the loco anymore, and I have to restart the simulation from the beginning.

Are these known problems?

Lastly I have a question: I haven't tried all the sceneries, could you suggest me a few high-quality ones, with electric locos and varied service?

Thank you in advance
Cristian

Offline Stele

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
Odp: A couple problems with the simulator
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 28 Kwietnia 2018, 13:13:18 »
Interactive timetables were introduced few years ago and many older scenerios never got updated to work with them. It requires properly named W4 sign assigned to track. Older scenerios usualy have them just as decorations with separate tracks layout for every scenerio, so it's like dozen hours to get single one working.
It works on: Bałtyk_interregio, all Całkowo, Drawinowo, line 61, Quark and maybe Krzyżowa scenerios. On line 53 it's guaranteed to work on recently published "Poranek" scenerio pack and still in testing winter scenerio.

Master switch requires ~3 MPa in auxiliary tank, >2,4 kV on main circuit, enabled all relays, master controller and field shunting lever on zero. I most of the times forget about the last one. If it happens again, please make screenshot of diagnostic under F3 key. We should be able to tell wthat's wrong from there.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 28 Kwietnia 2018, 13:25:19 wysłana przez Stele »
Mój kanał youtube

Offline tmj

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2351
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 28 Kwietnia 2018, 13:22:20 »
But sometimes, when I use the "timetable" view (where it prints on screen the next station and section speed in red), it stops working. For example I pass a station (without stopping) and that station name, instead of becoming green and disappearing, stays red. It's as if the simulator doesn't realize that I passed that station, and keeps waiting for it to arrive. And of course then it's useless for the rest of the simulation.
In addition to what's said, also note the station in the timetable come in two flavours -- either they have only 'departure time' (and these are safe to pass through) or they have both the arrival and departure time listed. For these, you can't simply pass them, you have to stop at them and wait until the listed departure time (the station entry in the timetable should turn green when it happens)

Another problem I have... sometimes, the loco stops working (i.e. the fast switch opens for too much current, or because there's an interruption in the catenary above) and I can't get it to start again. Even if I switch everything off and do the starting procedure again, when I should press M for the master switch, it doesn't work.
Restarting the locomotive in such situation typically requires also resetting the state of a special relay, which protects the converter from damage when such overload happens. This is by default done with combination ctrl+N, or you can search for "converter overload relay reset" button on the locomotive's control panel with the mouse.

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 29 Kwietnia 2018, 01:08:56 »
Interactive timetables were introduced few years ago and many older scenerios never got updated to work with them. It requires properly named W4 sign assigned to track. Older scenerios usualy have them just as decorations with separate tracks layout for every scenerio, so it's like dozen hours to get single one working.
It works on: Bałtyk_interregio, all Całkowo, Drawinowo, line 61, Quark and maybe Krzyżowa scenerios. On line 53 it's guaranteed to work on recently published "Poranek" scenerio pack and still in testing winter scenerio.

Thank you both very much for your very fast reply.
Yes, I realize that it's a new feature, and a very welcome one. But on the scenery I'm using (line 53 Całkowo-Sluzba tlk 1) it appears to work at first, then it stops. I just tried, and it worked up to Wilis Park. After that, it never realized that I had passed Wilis Park (it actually never turned green). See screenshot: it still says I have to reach Wilis Park, but I'm actually at Sandomierz.

What is the Poranek scenario, is it something to download additionally? I only have what comes with the 18.03 distribution...

I continued the scenery anyway, and I got stuck right after Rudawa... I stopped there, and left at the proper time (but I didn't hear the whistle), but immediately I found a red light that never got green (see second screenshot).

Master switch requires ~3 MPa in auxiliary tank, >2,4 kV on main circuit, enabled all relays, master controller and field shunting lever on zero. I most of the times forget about the last one. If it happens again, please make screenshot of diagnostic under F3 key. We should be able to tell wthat's wrong from there.

As it always happens in these situations, of course it didn't happen at all this time, so I couldn't try tour suggestions or take a screenshot. I will post it if/when it happens again.

In addition to what's said, also note the station in the timetable come in two flavours -- either they have only 'departure time' (and these are safe to pass through) or they have both the arrival and departure time listed. For these, you can't simply pass them, you have to stop at them and wait until the listed departure time (the station entry in the timetable should turn green when it happens)

Yes thank you, I had realized that, and behaved accordingly. Actually it turns green even on stations where I don't have to stop.
I'm a train driver in Italy, and our regulations are quite different, but this particular thing is similar... :)

Cristian

Offline Stele

« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 29 Kwietnia 2018, 02:08:23 »
It's pack of many different scenerios taking place on line 53 at the same time. Due to new update system that should be ready on days, we stopped publications on main website but version that got onto our repository is the same as last one from test thread found here http://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,29939.msg485669.html#msg485669 Should work with 15.03 just fine and it doesn't override any files.

As i said, timetables requires W4 signs assigned to tracks. Wiliś Park is just junction post so deosn't have any. It such case, there should be technical one without graphical representation just to check that post in timetable, but author might don't do that even if he assigned all previous ones.
Scripting for this scenerio is rather simple. Looking into code, I see there are two variants depending if you get to Rudawa on time or not and in both something about IC train passing from Brzeziny. If you still have log.txt from that session, please add it in attachment.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 29 Kwietnia 2018, 23:16:46 »

Scripting for this scenerio is rather simple. Looking into code, I see there are two variants depending if you get to Rudawa on time or not and in both something about IC train passing from Brzeziny. If you still have log.txt from that session, please add it in attachment.

It should be this, attached. From the log, can you also understand why I got stuck at Rudawa?

If you could suggest me a single, high-quality scenario (with electric trains) that shows off the best features of Maszyna, what would that be? Just one or two, to practice on and to show my friends... :)

Offline Stele

« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 29 Kwietnia 2018, 23:35:51 »
That log is from Bałtyk.
High quality scenerios with electric trains? Sadly only line 53 and line 61 qualifies but line61 is bugged as hell in current release.
The best on line 53 are tlk83202 for electric loco and sluzba-osobowy for EMU, excluding Poranek scenerio pack, that have everything. Giva a chance to cargo-2261 as it's the best shunting scenerio made to day, but I don't know if radio commands there have subtitles and you would have to translate description to know what to do.
On line 61 there might be problems with everything entering Częstochowa Osobowa from the north, Jawornica from the west and exiting Pawonków to the east. But scenerios from Częstochowa Stradom to the west ar from Herby Nowe to Częstochowa should work fine. It might have few holes here and there, but it's most accurate representation of real line published with proper hight profile.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 30 Kwietnia 2018, 00:10:09 »
That log is from Bałtyk.

Sorry, you're right, I had forgotten that I had tried another scenery after my problem.
I'll try the scenery again tomorrow or the day after, and will post the log here if I see the problem again...

Cristian

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: 01 Maja 2018, 15:04:48 »
That log is from Bałtyk.

OK, here I attach a log for the correct scenery. As usual, the timetable stopped working at Wiliś Park. This time it didn't get stuck at the signal right after Rudawa, so I could run longer, until I got distracted for a second, and went through a red light right where it goes back from double track to single track.
I managed to stop the train with an emergency braking, before crashing onto an oncoming train, but I was unable to move the train again - I had released the brakes, the manometers on the loco were showing the correct pressures, and the motors were working - you could see the Amperes going up, and the loco "straining" to push the carriages - but it didn't move. It looked like the carriages were still braked. Why?

I also have a couple of questions regarding regulations...
1)When I'm at a station where I don't have to stop, do I have to keep a specific speed or just the speed for that section? On my railway, we have a 50Km/h limit within stations, even if we're not stopping...
2) What about when I enter a station and am going to the "side track", possibly because there's a train on the "main track"? What speed should I keep on the switches? On my railway it's 30Km/h...
3) How can I know in advance if I'm being received in the main or side track? Does a signal tell me? I don't know all the Polish signals...

Thanks again
Cristian

Offline tmj

« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: 01 Maja 2018, 15:14:17 »
Typically when you're sent on the diverging track, there's imposed speed limit of 40 km/h -- this is usually indicated by the station entry signal, on its "near signal" part.

This page may be of help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_railway_signalling
« Ostatnia zmiana: 01 Maja 2018, 15:16:33 wysłana przez tmj »

Offline jakubg1

• Wydział Repozytorium
  • MaSzyna ma szynę, szyna ma MaSzynę - na kołach.
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 1118
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: 02 Maja 2018, 12:23:33 »
1)When I'm at a station where I don't have to stop, do I have to keep a specific speed or just the speed for that section? On my railway, we have a 50Km/h limit within stations, even if we're not stopping...
There's no speed limit within stations. You rely on the signals that are telling you the speed you can pass the station.
3) How can I know in advance if I'm being received in the main or side track? Does a signal tell me? I don't know all the Polish signals...
As above. You don't need to know to which track the dispatcher will send you, just don't exceed the maximum speed and you'll be safe. :)
PS, besides signals, there are also various indicators that are telling something, the most important (for me) are indicators W8 and W9. These restricts the speed; first you'll see W8 (white flipped triangle with a number on it). It tells you need to lower the speed to the number on the triangle * 10 in km/h. W9a (white rectangle with "V" on it) tells you that you're entering the restriction zone and you need to keep the appropriate speed. If you see W9b (similiar to W9a, but flipped) you can speed up your train. Beware if your train is long, wait a while so all wagons can exit the restriction zone before you'll speed up the train, if you'll speed up too fast, you can derail the wagons.
10 lat na forum MaSzyny!

Offline m61

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2

Offline tmj

« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: 22 Czerwca 2018, 15:04:04 »
Am I correct reading you live in New Zealand? This problem is caused by how we render the sun position -- it's calculated for longitude of ~19 deg, but using clock bias settings taken from your local operating system configuration, rather than hard-coded. In this situation it creates time difference of 10 hours or so and obviously winds up looking silly.

edit
Download current version of the executable from first post of this thread: https://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,28920.0.html

It should handle lighting calculations properly.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 22 Czerwca 2018, 18:19:10 wysłana przez tmj »