Autor Wątek:  Change cabin procedure in EU07 (Version 2)  (Przeczytany 3108 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline manolollr

• Otrzymane polubienia: 10
Change cabin procedure in EU07 (Version 2)
« dnia: 09 Listopada 2022, 12:46:18 »
This topic is related to another I wrote years ago, in 2017:

https://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,29393.0.html

I'm obsessed with that :-) but it's a healthy obsession to get knowledge.

Now my question is about the brakes. You are shunting and you brake with the locomotive brake (FD1 valve). In the simulator, you change cabin and the FD1 valve is in the same position and you can release brakes easily, but in the real life, if locomotive brake is applied in the other cabin you can't release brakes in the new cabin, it's applied all time. Am I rigth?

So, which choices are possible? :

• Release locomotive brake and change cabin. This is a little dangerous in flat terrain and not possible in steep terrain.
  • Apply locomotive brake, change cabin, apply locomotive brake in that cabin, return to previous cabin, release locomotive bake, return to the new cabin. With this procedure you walk a lot. Well, it's healthy but it seems a little stupid.
  • Apply emergency brake in the train brake valve until pressure drops below 0.3 MPa, then you can return the valve to neutral position and locomotive remains braked. Now you can change cabin safely. This is the procedure I use, but it's a little weird, it wastes air.

So, which is the procedure drivers do in real life?

Offline Czarodziej

• Otrzymane polubienia: 93
Odp: Change cabin procedure in EU07 (Version 2)
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 09 Listopada 2022, 13:16:52 »
I think you can't just leave train break valve on release when changing cab, it has to be put in cut-off position.

-- Edit --

Quick googling revealed some intstruction manuals:
https://www.zzmgliwice.pl/files/lok_serii_eu06_eu07_cz1.pdf
https://www.zzmgliwice.pl/files/lok_serii_eu06_eu07_cz2.pdf

Cz2, 10.7 Cab change says:
Engage train break and leave main valve in cut-off position.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 09 Listopada 2022, 13:25:10 wysłana przez Czarodziej »

Offline manolollr

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 09 Listopada 2022, 14:58:39 »
Thank you. I'll read the documents.

Offline manolollr

« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 10 Listopada 2022, 18:14:56 »
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=S7rEyK2Ga7g

In this video you can hear strong air exhaust when the driver is starting to change cabin. I think the driver is doing the 3rd option: apply emergency brake, then you can move brake lever to cut-off position and the locomotive remains braked.

The manual says (Czarodziej, thanks again for the document):

- uruchomić hamulec i pozostawić zawór główny poc. w położeniu odcięcia

Translated in an online translator:

- apply brake and leave main(train) valve in position cutoff

In the simulator you can apply train brake and later press "Ctrl - 5" to directly move lever to cut-off position, and locomotive remains braked. But in reality you must move the lever passing by "quick release" position, so the brakes are released. The best thing you can do is apply emergency brake.

In modern EMU's, like Newag Impuls, when you disable a cabin the brake pipe is exhausted as if you were applied emergency brake. It seems the correct procedure is to apply emergency brake.

Can anyone confirm this? Any EU07 driver in the forum?

I'll try to find a video that clearly shows the procedure.

Offline manolollr

« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 10 Listopada 2022, 18:44:00 »
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=gQiP-BxS0D8

In this video appears an EU07 about minute 3, you can see through the window that the driver is moving the brake lever to an strong brake position, perhaps emergency, and later he moves the lever to cut-off position.

So I'm 99% sure that the correct procedure is apply emergency brake first and later move to cut-off position.

If anyone can confirm this I will be 100% sure.

Offline KibelAtomowy

• ZbanowanyZbanowany
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 38
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 10 Listopada 2022, 20:43:13 »
Nope. We don't use emergency brake when changing cabins. Full brake, then quickly to cutoff. It won't release the brake. You pull the little lever on the opposite end of fv4a, then quickly turn in to cutoff. The locomotive will remain braked. Been there, done that. You can do it in sim too. Don't use keyboards. Quickly turn the brake handle to cutoff with your mouse.

Offline manolollr

« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 10 Listopada 2022, 20:57:30 »
Ok. Thank you!!! Mystery resolved.