Autor Wątek:  Looking for up to date source code  (Przeczytany 4469 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Farmadupe

• Otrzymane polubienia: 20
Looking for up to date source code
« dnia: 26 Października 2021, 19:23:29 »
Hello from a fan in the UK,

I have been made some personal edits to the source code of maszyna on github. However I notice there has been no commit to master since January this year. Also I notice that that even though github is older, there are many new features compared to v21.04 (I can see many interesting new features such as the map, but my 100% favourite is  the new "independent brake releaser")

Is the source code in github a good starting place to make edits? I am only making changes for my personal use but if I can learn the source code, I hope I can make a useful contribution. It would be nice to know if there is more recent code that I can edit.

I have a couple of ideas for changes I would like to make to the exe:
* Sometimes due to bad alignment of 3kv wire, the locomotive can disconnect from the traction network (e.g Kaliska). When the pantograph becomes disconnected, I have been thinking to "extend" the connection for a short time (maybe 0.5-2 seconds). Hopefully the pantograph will reconnect to the wire before the time runs out. Hopefully this will make it easy for the authors of a long scenery such as Kaliska
* There is a bug in v21.04 the brake handle of the BR285, where if you place it in position 2 (cutout) it will refill the brake pipe. It is currently impossible to run 2*BR285 because your train will never stop!
* For locomotives with 3-position type brake handle {apply, lap, release} such as dragon, traxx, ET21, SM48, I want to change the keyboard buttons to be the same for every locomotive (i.e 6=release, 5=lap, 2=apply)

P.S I saw this diagram in another thread. Google translate gets confused when I try and put it in English, but maybe a good translation is "Its complicated"?

Thanks!
Tom
« Ostatnia zmiana: 26 Października 2021, 19:27:45 wysłana przez Farmadupe »

Offline jakubg1

• Wydział Repozytorium
  • MaSzyna ma szynę, szyna ma MaSzynę - na kołach.
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 1118
Odp: Looking for up to date source code
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 26 Października 2021, 19:26:16 »
The up to date source code is on the fstate branch: https://github.com/tmj-fstate/maszyna

And diagram translation:
youby -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
  |  train simulation fixes                                                  sometimes checkouted directly to simkol   |
  |                                                                                                                    |
  |                                                                                                                    |
  \/                                                                                                                   \/
 tmj -------------------------------------> milek7 (master) ------------------ milek7 (gfx-work) -------------------> milek7 (sim)
main features, bugfixes              cmake multiplatform build                  shaders                       simkol features
and changes made by tmj                                                                                                |
windows only project                                                                                                   |
  /\                                                                                                                   |
  |                            if tmj likes some simkol features he checkouts them back                                |
  \--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/

« Ostatnia zmiana: 26 Października 2021, 19:41:58 wysłana przez jakubg1 »
10 lat na forum MaSzyny!

Offline Farmadupe

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 26 Października 2021, 21:18:16 »
Thanks for the reply, and for the translation

Tom

Offline Stele

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 26 Października 2021, 21:42:28 »
As for holding voltage, there already is such buffer. Both in supply voltage checks and in breaking if above contact line. When it still happens, you're just above threshold.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline Farmadupe

« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 26 Października 2021, 22:09:27 »
hmm, if this feature already exists, would it be possible to increase the default? Or maybe to increase the bounding box for the pantograph? I feel sorry that scenery authors must use calipers on every cm of their route to avoid misaligning the wires.

(I think there is also a similar issue when driving with time multiplication? I think there are more disconnections when this is active)