Autor Wątek:  Texture trouble  (Przeczytany 9965 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline IXIAI

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2
Texture trouble
« dnia: 04 Września 2016, 13:34:10 »
Hi,
I've made a texture for the Z1 coaches; now, what I have to do to see it in Maszyna?
Thanks!
Angelo - Parlo italiano

Offline Lelek

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 13
Odp: Texture trouble
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 05 Września 2016, 09:43:02 »
The texture must be in TGA or DDS format. You will copy it to folder, where are also another textures for the model. There should be also file textures.txt. In the file will be lines like this:
FILE.EXT=MODEL,MINI,MINIPLUSYou will copy and paste one of them and the part FILE.EXT you will change to name of your texture with extension and save the file.
Then you will open Rainsted and go to Current Vehicles tab and click Check current vehicles (the operation will take a while). Then you can go to Trainsets tab.You should find there your new texture (name will be like you wrote to textures.txt as FILE.EXT, but the miniature will be same like some another car has.
This is enough, when you want to only check your texture in MaSzyna. Once you will want to publish it, you should also do the miniature for Rainsted. This we will learn you later :)
M.

Offline IXIAI

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 07 Września 2016, 08:52:22 »
Thank you very much!

Now, how I do the miniature?

Thanks.
Angelo - Parlo italiano

Offline Stele

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 07 Września 2016, 16:34:33 »
Here are instructions: http://eu07.pl/forum/index.php/topic,14288
But scaling normal screenshot or render from yours 3d program will do, just give it the same background as other miniatures. If it won't display properly, make a copy of some old miniature, rename it, open it in MSpaint and paste your content.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline Lelek

• Otrzymane polubienia: 13
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 07 Września 2016, 16:43:02 »
It's described in this post. It's Polish, but there is a lot of pictures which can help you. Shortly:
  • Download file mini.scm, link is at the bottom of the Polish manual and save it to folder scenery.
  • In Rainsted in list of sceneries choose the scenery mini and set there your car. To be able to launch simulation without any driveable locomotive, in occupancy option set headdriver. While starting, you'll get Player Train Init Failed error. Press Enter to continue loading. If this procedure will fail, set together with your car any driveable locomotive and in connection options uncheck everything.
  • When the scenery is loaded, go to external view and make screenshot of your car by pressing PrinScreen.
  • NOW DIFFERENCE FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUAL: Go to textures/mini folder and open any file there. In the file paste the screenshot. Some users have problems with miniatures created as new file.
  • Trim your picture like is shown in picture 5 in the Polish manual (height of frame must be 150 px), scale to five times smaller resolution (so the height will be 30 px) and Save As BMP to same folder.
  • Open textures.txt. Line for your car is:
FILE.EXT=MODEL,MINI,MINIPLUSchange MINIPLUS to name of miniature you created and save the file.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 07 Września 2016, 17:09:45 wysłana przez Stele »
M.

Offline IXIAI

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 09 Września 2016, 20:06:11 »
Thanks! I drew two bitmaps, one of them has a height of 150px and the other one is 30px; the background colour is the same of others bmps.
Tomorrow I'll put them in Maszyna folders and I'll check if they work.
My texture uses bogeys and windows made by Maacius, so I'd show nothing until he answers to my message writing me I can publish my work; I just tell you that the texture I've made maybe is the first Italian train in Maszyna and I hope I can make others.
Bye!
Angelo - Parlo italiano

Offline matek123

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2043
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 09 Września 2016, 20:22:34 »
Height and widh of textures should be 2^n (2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048). For e.g. 1024x512. I'm sory, I was thinking, about texstures, not about mini.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 09 Września 2016, 20:27:07 wysłana przez matek123 »
Poszukuję zdjęć na tekstury pociągów sieciowych. Szczególnie platform z pomostami.

Offline Stele

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 09 Września 2016, 20:23:10 »
You can use and modify all released assets without permission as long as it's for internal usage. Permission is needed when you want to use some abandon/still tested material or use it outside of Maszyna.
Matek, ale on mówi o mini.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline IXIAI

« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: 09 Września 2016, 21:31:17 »
Very well! So I'll try mini and I'll ask to publish the texture.
Angelo - Parlo italiano