Autor Wątek:  ERTMS in Poland  (Przeczytany 8887 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline blillpers

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
ERTMS in Poland
« dnia: 31 Lipca 2015, 19:00:36 »
Hello!
I hope this is the right place to ask. I'm a bit curious about ERTMS in Poland. As I understand it some lines have level 1 and others level 2. L is ERTMS+trackside signals, while L2 is supposed to be ERTMS only. However, I'm pretty sure there are lines with L2+signals, such as the Warszaw - Gdansk line. Can someone explain? Does that mean that all trains can travel on L2 lines, even without ETCS cab equipment? And if so what is the difference between L1 and L2 really?

In Sweden where I live L2 means ERTMS only - trains without cab equipment can't use the line and if ERTMS goes down trains can't move. Hope someone can explain!

Offline PiterCC

• Otrzymane polubienia: 3
Odp: ERTMS in Poland
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 31 Lipca 2015, 22:45:49 »
We've got only lines with traditional signals left behind. ETCS equipped train with cab signalling can travel faster than it would be possible within block + fixed signalls (length of block=distance between fixed signals, it depends of safe braking distance of train). Every train could also (i.e. when some part of ETCS equipment crashed) travel by fixed signal, with Vmax=160 kp/h or less, tradional signalls are working as usual.

Also, in Poland isn't allowed to travel faster than 160 kp/h without cab signalling, so only ETCS allows to travel faster. But cab signalling could make heavy freigh trains faster.

Difference between L1 and L2 is, that:
in L1 update of information between track to train is possible only in via balises, in spots placed generally before fixed signalls and dangerous points.
In L2 transmission of data is contiinous by GSM-R, there is a need to build radio network and antennas, but balises could also be used. Update of data is possible in every moment, so it could improve capacity - i.e. when the light is changing from red to orange: in L1 we couldn't get this info until we reach nearest balise, in L2 we get this info immediately.

Offline blillpers

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 31 Lipca 2015, 23:36:24 »
Hi, many thanks for the answer. That explains a lot. It sounds like a much better solution than in Sweden with L2, when it crashes the trains can't go. Very stupid.

Offline PiterCC

• Otrzymane polubienia: 3
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 01 Sierpnia 2015, 12:47:57 »
In Poland there wouldn't be a requirement that every train must have ETCS cab equipment when driving the line with ETCS. It costs too much for the effects it would give.
There's only a plan to exchange tradional FM 150 Mhz radio to GSM-R for all country.