Autor Wątek:  Question on installing the newest version  (Przeczytany 4261 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Raichou

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
Question on installing the newest version
« dnia: 05 Maja 2021, 11:53:30 »
Hello the community of MaSzyna,

I am a newbie of this game who has downloaded the game MaSzyna and joined this community only a few days ago. :) It's nice to see you all!

After downloading the game for the first time, I saw the news that there is a new version (21.04) available.

However, I still have not figured out how to update the game to the newest version available.

I am wondering if someone could kindly teach me how to do it.

Thank you!

Offline Stele

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
Odp: Question on installing the newest version
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 05 Maja 2021, 12:24:36 »
Due to dependances in 3d model files, we aren't able to generate proper patch. You have to redownload whole pack again and make fresh instalation. But please wait a few days for hype to burn up, as our server is constantly overloaded and it will take many hours with risk of droping connection all together in the meantime.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline Raichou

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 05 Maja 2021, 23:37:14 »
Ahh. Okay. Thank you!

I was wondering if there were other ways of updating the game because re-downloading the entire game takes a lot of times for me... as the game file is pretty big. I also heard about downloading the patch file and overwriting all the files, though I am not sure how it works.

Offline Stele

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 06 Maja 2021, 00:46:21 »
Theres already 1:4 seed to peer ratio for main pack. Next week, when everything will calm down it should download in less then an hour. It's about 6GB archive. Patches were abandoned about two years ago when modular models became widespread. Sources are modular while endfiles are compiled into one and there isn't any metafile to tell generator that some part was edited and it should reexport whole model, so many fixes wouldn't aplly in such form.
Developers have acces to source files but they are three times as massive, loads much longer and gives lower performance overall. With knowledge of game structure it's possible to pick new files one by one from subversion snapshot and mix them with compiled version, filling sources for all missing dependancies with errors list. But that's a way for overly eager fans to show up with new vehicle on social media, rather then keeping up to date version.
Mój kanał youtube