Autor Wątek:  Shunting scenarios  (Przeczytany 6231 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Quaxo76

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
Shunting scenarios
« dnia: 20 Grudnia 2018, 17:53:24 »
Hello,
I have some trouble finding out what to do in some scenarios. If I already have a train ready to start, and there's a timetable, then OK. But if I have to shunt around, I'm lost. As an example, the scenario Calkowo retro zima with the SM42 loco... if I start the sim there's my loco and a few wagons around, and the radio talks in Polish, but I don't understand it... What should I do? :) Is there a brief description in English of what to do in every scenario? In the "inne" folder I found lots of docs, but all of them in Polish...

Thank you
Cristian

Offline Stele

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
Odp: Shunting scenarios
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 20 Grudnia 2018, 18:10:04 »
All radio talks important for the player should have engish subtitles. Looking into files, some of Całkowo scenerio pack have english and czech as others doesn't even have polish transcription to translate from. :/ Author must had started making them later on as "tartak2" and "niebezpieczny pociąg" have them and were released last.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 20 Grudnia 2018, 23:47:00 »
OK, thanks. I didn't even know subtitles existed, I've never seen them... :) Anyway, apparently I'm out of luck then. Maybe I'll try having my phone live-translate the audio from the radio, from Polish to English... though I have low hopes, since the audio isn't very clear!

On a side note: I can easily couple up with wagons, but when I try to uncouple, I'm unable to. Do I need to do something special before pressing "Delete"? In real life, when I have to uncouple, I just brake hard and then close the cocks and disconnect the pipe, and then the hook of course...

Cristian

Offline Stele

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 20 Grudnia 2018, 23:58:20 »
About subtitles. Like two months ago, Milek organised few guys and very swiftly made transflations of scenarios descriptions showed in launcher. Sadly its author hasn't added option to display them to date. If it worked, action of preparing missing subs should work too. I tried translating some of them during free time at work, but had no idea how to get all that rail terminology in semi proper english sadly.
As for uncoupling, it's the same, minus closing cocks. Brake the train, unbrake loco, press it against cars, brake with auxiliary brake and uncouple. Latest exe files have wider margin of allowed coupler stretch, so it should be easier in future versions.
Mój kanał youtube

Offline tmj

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2351
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 21 Grudnia 2018, 00:00:35 »
With few exceptions shunting scenarios don't involve more than following the maneuvering signals (white/blue lights, white means go, blue means don't) If the light in front of you stays blue check behind you, there's a good chance there's white light there and you're expected to reverse.

In order to uncouple after activating consist brakes you'll generally need to back your locomotive against the wagons to ensure the coupler isn't stretched out.

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 22 Grudnia 2018, 21:32:06 »
Thank you.
Regarding uncoupling: how do I brake the train while unbraking the loco, so I can press the wagons? The brake pipe is the same, so if the wagons are braked, shouldn't the loco be braked too?

Offline tmj

• Otrzymane polubienia: 2351
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 22 Grudnia 2018, 22:30:52 »
Yes, however the locomotive has a button (in simulator it's labelled "brake releaser" or "releaser" for short) which allows to selectively release brakes of the locomotive, while the consist brakes remain active. It should be actually standard practice to use the releaser also during the regular braking operations, so the braking is done only by the wagon brakes, to reduce the wear.

Offline joey

• Deweloper
  • the Invisible Man
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 207
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 22 Grudnia 2018, 22:33:18 »
You should brake the train, then set the brake lever to a cut-off setting (ctrl+num 5) to separate loco's main brake from train's pipe. Release the loco's main brake (press and hold num 4) and now you should be able to push against the train.