Autor Wątek:  How to read the Calkowo timetable?  (Przeczytany 12817 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline Quaxo76

• Otrzymane polubienia: 0
How to read the Calkowo timetable?
« dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 17:08:01 »
Hello,
I really like driving the Line 53 - Calkowo route. I like the blend of fast and slow, old and new. But I have some problems following the timetable (the file is found at inne/l053_calkowo/MPEi58101_0.pdf ).
At the various stations, there are several markings - like R1, M, OT, H, RT, PP, L, and so on. I have no idea what they mean, so I have no idea what I have to do at every station. Is there a place where I can learn how to read those timetables?

Thanks,
Cristian

Offline MaciejM

• Otrzymane polubienia: 1228
Odp: How to read the Calkowo timetable?
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 17:27:13 »
PKP Intercity Zakład Centralny w Warszawie

14 lat z MaSzyną!

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 18:21:55 »
Thank you very much. I ran the site through a translator and I understood at least part of it.
Am I wrong or all those symbols don't say anything about the actual services I have to do at those stations in the simulator? To correctly run the timetable I don't need those symbols, right? I only need to know at which stations to stop, and where to wait for an incoming train... right? :)

Offline MaciejM

« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 18:52:55 »
Yes. These symbols are in timetables because same symbols are in timetables in Polish rail, e.g.: http://www.kolej.db.hostdmk.net/s/rozklady/obrazek1.jpg .

14 lat z MaSzyną!

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 19:39:24 »
Thank you again.
Now, can I ask you if I understood all the fields correctly?
1) The Nr. Linii column describes the actual line of that part of the trip;
2) Km means the distance indicator along that line, as indicated by the numeric signals by the track, near the ground;
3) Vp and Vl are speeds, but what is the difference between the two?
4) Stacja is the name of the station, with the distance in Km along the line, and the symbols we talked about above;
5a) Godzina: the time at which you pass the station. If there are two times there, one is the arrival and one is the departure.
5b) Godzina, second part: appears to be the time in minutes between a station and the next, but why are there two of them sometimes?
6) If in the Godzina cell there is the name of another train, I must wait for that incoming train before continuing;
7) A thick vertical line means single track line, while a double line means double track;
8) LOKI/II/III means the locomotive I'm using;
9) Brutto, Dl.Poc., Vmax, %: I have no idea! What are they?

Regards from Italy,
Cristian

PS - In real life I'm a train conductor here in Italy... We have train documents not unlike these ones, but quite different of course! :)

Offline MaciejM

« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 20:07:21 »
1/2/4/5a/7/8 - that is all correct.
3 - these speeds are speed limits in station (Vl and Vp are "names" of tracks)
5b - these two times are two possible time of riding between stations (eg.: 13/14 mins.)
6 - no. Youre train number is 58100/1, which means, that 58100 and 58101 are correct. Sometimes (in MaSzyna and in Polish rail) train change the last numer, usually from 0 -> 1, from 2 -> 3 etc... But only the last number. So, if in the GODZINA cell there is the name (numer) of train, it means, that your train change the number.
9:
brutto - weight of your train (in tones)
Dl. Poc. - lenght of your train (in meters)
Vmax - Maximum velocity in km/h (kph)
% - it's connected with brakes and brutto. I dont know how to explain this.

14 lat z MaSzyną!

Offline PiterCC

• Otrzymane polubienia: 3
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 20:37:42 »
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Vp - Velocity (speed that is maximum allowed to achieve) on the "prawy tor" - "right track"; Vl is "lewy tor" - left track
4) Yes
5a) Yes
5b) The first is the standard time of travel between stations, the second is shortened time of travel that is possible to achieve by our rolling stock.
6) Yes.
7) Yes.
8) Yes. It usually occurs when there is an exchange between electrical and diesel traction or when there is a change for locomotive from another depot.
9) "Brutto" - total weight of train (except locomotive); "Dł. Poc." - total lenght of train; "Vmax" - Velocity maximum for this locomotive; "%" - braked weight percentage.

Best regards.

P.S. macius5991 added his answer when i left my computer for a while and didn't spotted that there is already an answer, but I think that our answers is complementary beacuse I explained something more and macius5991 said also something interesting.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 11 Listopada 2014, 22:25:12 wysłana przez PiterCC »

Offline youBy

• Deweloper
  • Co tam?
    • Automat Weryfikujący Regulację i Lambdę
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 865
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 21:12:46 »
9) "Brutto" - total weight of train (including locomotive);
Value of "Brutto" does not include locomotive.
Xoov
Powyższy post wyraża jedynie opinię autora w chwili publikacji. Autor zastrzega sobie prawo do zmiany poglądów bez podawania przyczyny, jak również informowania o tym.

Offline PiterCC

• Otrzymane polubienia: 3
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 22:25:51 »
Of course; solved.

Offline Quaxo76

« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 22:50:02 »
Thank you all for the very informative answers!
If macius is right, and the "extra" train number only represents the new name for my train, then how can I tell in which stations I have to "meet" incoming trains? On our train documents, such "exchanges" are the most delicate maneuvers, because of course if you fail to wait for the other train, you will crash into it; so they are reported very clearly , in bold font, on the documents.
We also have some conventions for the naming of trains, for example odd numbers are North to South, and even numbers are South to North. This way, if I ever had to change the name of my train, it could never change for example from "600" to "601", but from "600" to "602" or so...
One last question: are the speed limits Vp and Vl only for the transit through the stations, or also for the main track outside the stations?

Cristian

Offline MaciejM

« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: 11 Listopada 2014, 23:00:15 »
Vl and Vp are speed limits on the main tracks outside stations also.

14 lat z MaSzyną!

Offline Stele

• Zasłużony dla Symulatora
  • Otrzymane polubienia: 2609
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: 12 Listopada 2014, 15:31:20 »
Do you mean stoppoints on one track line? Then that station always has semaphores, sometimes fully automatic as I heard.
Parity of the last digit also depends on direction but it's determined by the direction of growing distance indicators on given line.
Mój kanał youtube